Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-09-2014, 12:43 PM   #76
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
I updated the kindle builds to the latest available version (0.8) .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 11:58 AM   #77
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
And another update to the kindle builds to the current git master.

My TC moved to ncurses 6 in ABI6 mode recently, so if all hell broke loose, that may be why.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2017, 09:09 AM   #78
anunay
anunay began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle KT2
By the Way, What is the alternative to "/msg" in this, /msg does not seem to work.

==EDIT==
Got it working by using --proper attribute

Last edited by anunay; 02-02-2017 at 06:28 AM.
anunay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:36 AM   #79
neutrak
neutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud of

Device: kindle keyboard 3g
:privmsg <user>: <message> will get what you want but if possible I recommend compiling the latest build from github, as there is already an alias that links /msg to privmsg in that code.

You can also use /hi in recent builds (not sure what version you're using) to start a PM conversation in a faux channel.

Edit: Note that you can also add aliases with the /alias command, if there's anything else that you find unintuitive. Accirc works a bit differently than other clients in that it draws a distinction between server commands (denoted with : and sent as raw text to the server) and client commands (denoted with / and handled internally by the client). Some new users find it helpful to alias. I have included some default aliases in recent builds, including /quit for /exit and /join for :join, among others.

Last edited by neutrak; 02-03-2017 at 08:42 AM.
neutrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 01:38 AM   #80
baalajimaestro
Expecto Patronum!
baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(9017) 4GB, FW 5.7.4
Unhappy

Sirs,
Accidental IRC Client that I downloaded for PW2 simply quits on its own or crashes.
Please help me
baalajimaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2017, 11:49 AM   #81
neutrak
neutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud ofneutrak has much to be proud of

Device: kindle keyboard 3g
baalajimaestro,

In order to help you some more information is needed.

If you know anything about the circumstances of these crashes (connected to a particular server, or after running for a certain amount of time, or when wifi drops out, etc.) let me know.

First please run
Code:
/path/to/executable/accirc --version
and paste the output here.

Also, if you have a config file (usually ~/.config/accirc/config.rc) please paste that here.

Unfortunately because kindles generally have a read-only filesystem there probably won't be logs of the error. If by some miracle ~/.local/share/accirc/error_log.txt exists then post that here also.

I can't guarantee anything but I will try to help you.
neutrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 03:43 AM   #82
Jiang Yuhan
Connoisseur
Jiang Yuhan began at the beginning.

Device: New Kindle(558)
Question

https://mobileread.cdn.speedyrails.n...1/help.gif why I cannot use "/msg" command?

Last edited by Jiang Yuhan; 08-01-2017 at 03:54 AM.
Jiang Yuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:06 AM   #83
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiang Yuhan View Post
Why I cannot use "/msg" command?
Have you tried reading the directions?
Start by reading the first post, then tell us where you see the "/msg" command listed.

Follow that up by looking at the blue bar above, see the drop-down button labeled: "Search this thread"?
Try using it to search this thread for the text /msg
See what that tells you.

You must have your Kindle jail broken to use this add-in application.
That means you have read and followed Step #1 of the current jail break where you learn the local nickname for your Kindle model.

Please include that information in your posts and/or in the 'Device: ' field of your information box.
That information is often useful to anyone trying to answer a question whose answer is more involved than: "Try reading the directions".

Have you tried just positioning the editor cursor and clicking the smilie?

Last edited by knc1; 08-01-2017 at 08:11 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:08 PM   #84
Jiang Yuhan
Connoisseur

So............how can i login irc?
Old 08-01-2017, 09:13 PM   #85
Jiang Yuhan
Connoisseur

and how can I make irc(or kterm)support Chinese(simplified)?
Old 08-02-2017, 08:40 AM   #86
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiang Yuhan View Post
and how can I make irc(or kterm)support Chinese(simplified)?
Have you tried kTerm with simplified Chinese?
It should 'just work', that is the main difference between kTerm and xTerm, kTerm has wide-character support.

You will have to look into the source code for accidental IRC to see if it has wide-character support.
All of our projects here are OpenSource and published.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 07:49 PM   #87
Jiang Yuhan
Connoisseur

thx..It's too hard for me to do like this.

Last edited by Jiang Yuhan; 08-04-2017 at 01:28 AM.

Tags
irc, native