Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-14-2007, 04:17 AM   #1
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Red face problems with format- please advise

when I convert a file with libprs500 (or use an rtf file) for reading on my prs505, I will get a space in front of every paragraph in the reader -even with unformatted txt files! This is quite annoying and I would be grateful if you had any tips/ recommendations.
Thanks!

kaas
kaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You mean a blank line between paragraphs?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-14-2007, 02:53 PM   #3
kaas
Muncher of ebooks
kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.kaas got an A in P-Chem.

Thank you so much for replying!

there are several spaces (or maybe a tab) before each paragraph, not a line above it. it looks rather like this text with the dots being spaces:

......xyxyxyxyxyxyyxxxxxx xfdsgfdssgffffffffffff d hds hjgj hj dsfhjg d d gghjg d hfg hjg fdsyxyxyxyx yyxxxxxxxf dsgfdssgffffffffffff d hds hjgj hj dsfhjg d d gghjg d gfrg hfg hjg
......xyxyxyxyxyxyyxxxxx xxfdsgfdssgffffffffffff d hds hjgj hj dsfhjg d d gghjg d hfg hjg xyxyxyxyxyxy yxxxxxxxfdsgfdssgffffffffffff d hds hjgj hj dsfhjg d d gghjg d hfg hjg d hds hjgj hj dsfhjg d d gghjg d hfg hjg

any idea?
thanks,
kaas
Old 11-14-2007, 03:11 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's a paragraph indent. It marks the start of the paragraph. Do you not want paragraph indents?
Old 11-14-2007, 03:14 PM   #5
kaas
Muncher of ebooks

sorry, didn't know the name

nope, don't like 'em, don't wan't 'em

Just wanted to tell you that i am really happy with your program! I have converted several books, and except for the indent problem, it works just perfect! a lot more comfortable than the sony one and more options too!
Advert
Old 11-14-2007, 03:18 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Try using the --override-css option. Something like
--override-css "p { text-indent: 0px}"
Old 11-14-2007, 03:27 PM   #7
kaas
Muncher of ebooks

ok, will try it tomorrow (left the usb cable at work :-). the weird thing is, that there are no indents in the text- neither in the txt, rtf, or html file. they get added, even if i push a plain txt file on the reader without using any program, so i do not believe it is your program, but rather the reader itself.
really weird...
Old 11-15-2007, 06:18 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I just copied a text file to my 505 that I created that I know has no spaces or tabs before any of the lines and it displays this text file with indents at all. and the blank lines are blank lines I put in.

If the text file you are trying to read on your 505 is a legal text file and not a downloaded books that is not legal, please attach it here so someone can have a look at it.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:03 AM   #9
kaas
Muncher of ebooks

while it is legal, it is company internal (product information/ playbooks) and thus not for publishing
I will try it with a few files from gutenberg and report back!

Thanks for your efforts!!!

kaas
Old 11-15-2007, 08:34 AM   #10
kaas
Muncher of ebooks

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Try using the --override-css option. Something like
--override-css "p { text-indent: 0px}"
That did it!!!
You can't imagine how happy i am right now...

Thanks to everyone concerned