Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-28-2010, 03:13 PM   #1
grssynoel
grssynoel began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Openoffice formatting

Hi all,

I'm brand new to this and have done a bunch of searching but cannot find a simple answer to my question.
What do I need to do to my book in open office so that Calibre detects and creates both chaper page breaks and a TOC? There is a lot of chat about html and things which are beyond experience.

If there is some simple formatting of character string that get's read and interprited, I'd love to be pointed somewhere that lets me know.

Thanks for a great app.

~Glenn
grssynoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 05:19 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
You need to figure out what markup the chapters are getting and then write the appropriate XPath expression for it. You won't be able to use that entirely without contact with HTML, I'm afraid.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2010, 06:27 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
as long as you mark your chapter titles with the heading 2 style they should be picked up automatically.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 07:35 PM   #4
grssynoel

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
as long as you mark your chapter titles with the heading 2 style they should be picked up automatically.
Ok, that sounds really what I was looking for.

Do I need to change any settings from the default on conversion? I set my chapter numbers, just 1 or 2 etc, to heading 2 style and they did not get picked up.

~Thanks kovidgoyal.

Glenn
Old 11-28-2010, 09:16 PM   #5
grssynoel

FIXED!
I found out how to get it working.
So, for all of you out there as dumb as me, here is how to do it:
  1. In open office, mark your chapter titles with the heading 2 style as kovidgoyal suggested.
  2. hit C to convert you tile.
  3. Under structure, select the wand icon beside "detect chapters at (Xpath expression): and choose h2 from the dropdown.
  4. and convert!
  5. Yay.

Glenn
Advert