Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-14-2009, 06:00 PM   #1
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Question Metadata is wrong on Reader

I started using Calibre because I wanted to change the way author's names appeared on my Reader. It worked great at first. Now, it displays the author name correctly in Calibre but on my Reader it shows how the Sony store sent the names (i.e. some are first name, last name; or last name, first name; or the wrong psuedymn). The only difference since I started using Calibre is that I upgraded to 3.0 Sony library. I'm using Calibre version .6.7.
Can anyone help me?
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:29 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
These are books you purchased from the Sony Store? i.e. books in the LRX format?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
BeccaAnn
Groupie
BeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enoughBeccaAnn will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Yes, these are books purchased from the Sony store.
BeccaAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:37 AM   #4
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
I have the same problem with LRX's. I can change the tags and they show up correctly on my Reader, but not the author's name.
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:44 AM   #5
ssimon2000
ssimon2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 700
If you connect to the Sony Store after you change/update the authors' names, the Sony Store "corrects" them back to the original (does the same thing for titles, too). This isn't new with v3.0, but it has been annoying for a while. Since the Sony Store doesn't do tags, it leaves those alone.

Not sure what a good fix is...
ssimon2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:38 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
LRX files are DRMed, so calibre can't change their metadata, without undoing the DRM, which would be illegal.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote