Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > EPUBReader

Notices

Old 11-30-2009, 06:26 PM   #1
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Bookmarking, remember your place

This is a request from the long thread before the forum was created but I thought I would repeat it to get it into the list of requests.

The biggest limitation I see in the reader as it is today is that I cannot read an entire book in one sitting. I need a way to bookmark my last location so I can return to it later. The best case would be for this to be automatic but in the absence of an automatic solution I would be in favor of a manual one.

Of course there may be other reasons to bookmark locations and it would be nice to have a general bookmarking function with some way to title the bookmarks so the user can remember what they are about.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:04 AM   #2
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Thanks! You are right, I forgot this. I've put it on the change request list.
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2009, 08:44 AM   #3
johnnyS
johnnyS began at the beginning.

Device: iRex DR
Bookmarking is very needed feature.

But it should be thought very carefully how it could be implemented.

It would be hardly right to mix bookmarks pointing to places inside EPUB publications with other bookmarks. The better solution would be to add a new folder for such bookmarks inside "Bookmarks" menu.

But perhaps the best place for bookmarks pointing to places inside EPUB publications would be a submenu of "ePub-Library" link.
johnnyS is offline   Reply With Quote