Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-29-2009, 03:11 PM   #1
mg2969
mg2969 began at the beginning.

Device: none
LIGHT for prs-505 @ TARGET (32 or 16)

Found em in Compton (on alameda ) and Long Beach (on cherry) both have @ a dozen a piece. Currently for $32 but heard other targets have em for $16. Didn't want to wait and miss a deal so I picked up one
mg2969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 06:52 AM   #2
macgirlmichelle
macgirlmichelle began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Got one in Charlotte, NC, @ Rea Rd. for $32. There were about 5 left.

Although, using it last night, that frosted bit on the back of the light makes it a bit blurry to read. Is is just me?
macgirlmichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2009, 03:06 PM   #3
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
I'm being patient waiting for them to go down to $16; at the two Target's I've checked this week have six each- the same as three weeks ago (priced at $32 for those 3 weeks). Not exactly flying off the shelves. And last week a different Target still had five of them at $45 dollars.
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:46 PM   #4
AdamGott
Connoisseur
AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AdamGott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle/iPad
I almost got one for $32 but then I noticed how it worked.. it seemed to me that the frosted glass may make it a bit more blurry when reading (?). I will wait and if they still have them at $16 I will get one.
AdamGott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:45 PM   #5
willanaya
Enthusiast
willanaya began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-350
actually i think that the frosty glass is on purpose. (in case no one has pointed it out, sorry )

i believe the frosty look only spreads the light out and honestly i dont see the major problem with the clarity of the screen. its not like i am reading comics or a book with lots of pictures. wait, that would be a comic book, my bad.
willanaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2009, 09:06 PM   #6
MarciaCat
Cat Lady & Trekkie
MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarciaCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Kobo Aura & Aura H20
Score!!

Finally, the Target near me marked them down to $16.24.

I got two of them, one for me and one for my Dad. YAYYYYYY!!
MarciaCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:35 PM   #7
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarciaCat View Post
Finally, the Target near me marked them down to $16.24.

I got two of them, one for me and one for my Dad. YAYYYYYY!!

Great score! I bought 3 this week for the $16.24 price!

bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:23 AM   #8
mg2969
mg2969 began at the beginning.

Device: none
bought 2 more from the cherry store in LBC for 16.24, returned the $32 one. Also compton @ alameda has em too
mg2969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:49 PM   #9
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
Are these the eBook covers with light or the light that attaches to the regular eBook and its cover?
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:20 PM   #10
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by petercreasey View Post
Are these the eBook covers with light or the light that attaches to the regular eBook and its cover?
Dear Peter:

This is the Sony PRSA-CL1 - Cover with built in light wedge. The PRS-505 slides in just like it does on the original cover. It's just heavier because of the light assembly. It takes 2 AAA batteries which are included. The plastic light wedge fits over your reading area, and for me provides NICE light to read by.

You can see here on the Sony website - I included the link for you to see......it mentions that they don't sell it anymore, but I thought you could check out the picture.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...52921665480080

bookratt
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:29 PM   #11
mgrunk
Zealot
mgrunk has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
An extra would be very nice to have - my original is very scratched even though it's always in the case.
mgrunk is offline   Reply With Quote