Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 10-22-2009, 12:42 AM   #1
troykm
Connoisseur
troykm will become famous soon enoughtroykm will become famous soon enoughtroykm will become famous soon enoughtroykm will become famous soon enoughtroykm will become famous soon enoughtroykm will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2
ECR reader RSS feeds

i just worked out (with a little help from the BeBook support site) how to get RSS feeds on to my ECO reader.

its really easy and im surprised its not advertised on the ECO reader site, nor is it supported natively.

All you do is use mobi reader, select the feeds you want and update them. then send them to an SD card on your pc by right click feed, select send to, select your SD card and thats it

pop SD card in to reader and your feeds are ready to read in the new ebook folder.

hopefully DA direct will add native support for RSS so the feeds will sync automatically with mobi reader.

cheers

troykm
troykm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:55 AM   #2
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Hi troykm, as you don't have a Mobipocket PID on your ECO Reader, you can't set it up to synch automatically with Mobipocket Reader.

As you've found, though, it's easy to send feeds to an SD card, but you can also send feeds directly to your ECO Reader, in the same way. (Right click on the feed, select send Enews to... Removable Disk.) You'll find your new feeds in the eBooks folder.

We have no plans to add Mobipocket DRM support to our ECO Readers, as we're concentrating on Adobe DE support.

Amazon owns Mobipocket and it's Amazon's decision that we can't have Mobipocket DRM on an e-Ink device that has any other DRM (like Adobe).

Usual disclaimer: I work for DA Direct
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-22-2009, 02:21 AM   #3
troykm
Connoisseur
troykm will become famous soon enoughtroykm will become famous soon enoughtroykm will become famous soon enoughtroykm will become famous soon enoughtroykm will become famous soon enoughtroykm will become famous soon enough

oh! i take it your the nice person who i have been emailing the last 2 days?

the RSS feed thing is really good, i can take the age with me, with out the need for the 2m X 3m newspaper lol
Old 10-22-2009, 06:07 PM   #4
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

hehe, yep, we've exchanged a lot of emails.

The Age Technology RSS feed is my favourite!
Old 10-22-2009, 09:28 PM   #5
troykm
Connoisseur

yeah sorry 'bout all the emails, i get ahead of my self at times :-)

so tell me, what will this ebook store you guys are launching have in it? mostly fiction? what will prices be like?

cheers

troykm
Advert
Old 10-26-2009, 03:25 AM   #6
cbell
Frenetic

Emails are fine! Any questions, just ask

We're planning to open our ebook store in November - we're so close! We're just waiting on NAB to finalise some of the banking issues.

We don't set the prices, the publishers do. We're currently negotiating with Australian publishers as we wish to add their content to our store and our ECO Readers.

Supporting Australian authors and publishers is very important to us. DA is a long-standing Australian-owned company.

Every ebook in our store will be available to Australians, priced in AUD and compatible with ECO Readers. We'll have a selection of popular fiction and non-fiction. We've selected 76,000 titles so far and we'll be adding to that.

We'll accept international ebook orders, too.

Tags
"eco reader" mobipocket, "rss feeds"