Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-12-2014, 09:01 AM   #31
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The bitness has no bearing on config data at all. Indeed, since most of calibre is written in python which does not care about bitness, there is very little actual difference between 32 vs. 64, the main one being the ability to use extra RAM for converting pathological books. Thre rest of the common differences that people report between 32 and 64 bit on windows comes from windows often having different security/dll loading semantics on 64 bit platforms, where micsosoft felt it was ok to break a bit of backward comaptibility.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 10:30 AM   #32
manawydan
Connoisseur
manawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toys

Device: none
But if I simply copy all settings over to the portable they (or one of the files) point the portable Calibre to drive C and the user installed plugins that are located there.
If drive C (or rather the plugin folder there) is not available none of the user installed plugins work (obviously).

Is it known which settings file contains this information? Or can I change the path manually?

P.S. The maybe-corrupt-or-maybe-not db file in question is 189 MB of size.
manawydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:06 AM   #33
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Sounds like you made a hard Link in there (configuration) somewhere.

The in the normal configuration, all plugins (and their JSON when used) are relative) to their parent. Copy the entire configuration folder (w/nesed)

The ONLY item that may contain an absolute path is a Library.
Those can be deleted via the Library Icon, and replaced with a new (path) via the same Icons: Create/Switch
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:32 PM   #34
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
@BetterRed Oh, so it IS all good? I really have no idea, hence my usage of the word "maybe".

But I wonder why the Task Manager would claim you are using the 64-bit version just because you share/use old config data? Weird.

@theducks You can just start up calibre and if it doesn't find the current library it will pop up an alert and ask where it's been moved to.

Last edited by eschwartz; 01-12-2014 at 02:36 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #35
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
@theducks You can just start up calibre and if it doesn't find the current library it will pop up an alert and ask where it's been moved to.

I know that
Which is why I only mentioned 'Deleting' the old name (location) from the Quick switch list.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:39 PM   #36
manawydan
Connoisseur
manawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toys

Hope you still bear with me ..

I remembered that Calibre has a debug mode.

So, I restarted the new Calibre Portable in debug mode. Then I did the switch to the small library (was ok) and back to the big. As usual it crashed at this point.

And here is the log for it which confuses me ..

calibre Debug log
calibre 1.18 Portable isfrozen: True is64bit: False

What does this mean? Portable is 64bit? Or did it just check which OS/bit? Then of course it means 64bit:no (false)

Windows-XP-5.1.2600-SP3 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', 'XP', '5.1.2600')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('XP', '5.1.2600', 'SP3', 'Multiprocessor Free')
DeDRM v6.0.7: Importing configuration data from old DeDRM plugins

This must mean it looks under C ( I haven't changed the plugins/settings yet).

DeDRM v6.0.7: Finished setting up configuration data.
Starting up...

D:\...\auto-add is not a valid directory to watch for new ebooks, ignoring

Ok, I once had an auto-add directory but I have not used it for ages and it has been deleted. Will change this in the settings.

Started up in 1190.16 seconds with 78686 books

Not really new enlightenments here I guess.
Old 01-12-2014, 07:04 PM   #37
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by manawydan View Post
Hope you still bear with me ..

I remembered that Calibre has a debug mode.

So, I restarted the new Calibre Portable in debug mode. Then I did the switch to the small library (was ok) and back to the big. As usual it crashed at this point.

And here is the log for it which confuses me ..

calibre Debug log
calibre 1.18 Portable isfrozen: True is64bit: False

What does this mean? Portable is 64bit? Or did it just check which OS/bit? Then of course it means 64bit:no (false)

Windows-XP-5.1.2600-SP3 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', 'XP', '5.1.2600')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('XP', '5.1.2600', 'SP3', 'Multiprocessor Free')
DeDRM v6.0.7: Importing configuration data from old DeDRM plugins

This must mean it looks under C ( I haven't changed the plugins/settings yet).

DeDRM v6.0.7: Finished setting up configuration data.
Starting up...

D:\...\auto-add is not a valid directory to watch for new ebooks, ignoring

Ok, I once had an auto-add directory but I have not used it for ages and it has been deleted. Will change this in the settings.

Started up in 1190.16 seconds with 78686 books

Not really new enlightenments here I guess.
AH!
I forgot about the Auto Add folder, but it failed gracefully.

The other is 'those tools' (which are not part of calibre), and they seem to have survived.
I see no 'crash'
Old 01-13-2014, 03:52 PM   #38
manawydan
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I see no 'crash'
If the programme freezes I guess the log does not register anything anymore.

The crash screen (= the error screen that the programme must be closed and the technical info blabla) appears a long time later.
I had a look at the technical info but it does not make any sense to me (and probably not to anybody else unless you are a programmer?).