Notices

Old 10-25-2010, 11:47 AM   #16
jean_wat
jean_wat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wireless
Fixed with reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d0g View Post
Good question since I've had my original kobo since release day and have had absolutely zero issues with it. Actually, I'd expect that as SQLite is ACID compliant and very rugged - it's specifically designed for applications like this. Perhaps your issues aren't DB related?
Well, I haven't owned a Kobo before, just been reading Kobo and other books on my iPhone. I assumed it was DB related because Kobo books (i.e. files in DB) would not open, and when they did, they would display the TOC of a recently-opened epub file, one which I loaded through ADE. There were other problems - some files opened to chapters half-way through the book etc. Since it was my understanding that ADE files did not even get loaded into the DB, it seemed like a reasonable assumption that my DB was corrupted.

Resetting to factory default did work, but was tedious to set up everything again.
jean_wat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 06:19 PM   #17
panzer
panzer began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
DataBase Corrupted

I can not anymore open books with my Kobo (v1.4).
So, I'm trying to put a fresh db on my reader like said in post #1.
The problem I have is I can't delete images folder and KobReader.sqlite file!
I'm using Linux (Debian). The files look like locked (Read Only).
Any idea?
Thanks

Last edited by panzer; 11-08-2010 at 07:02 PM.
panzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #18
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by panzer View Post
I can not anymore open books with my Kobo (v1.4).
So, I'm trying to put a fresh db on my reader like said in post #1.
The problem I have is I can't delete images folder and KobReader.sqlite file!
I'm using Linux (Debian). The files look like locked (Read Only).
Any idea?
Thanks
Eject the device and reconnect it. I have seen it mount as read only sometimes. You may also want to look at whether any errors show up on the file system.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:37 PM   #19
panzer

Well, I tried many times and it always in read only mode....
Old 11-08-2010, 07:45 PM   #20
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

If you are using debian, I assume that you know how to check how the file system is mounted and how to remount as read write as well as how to do a file system heck on a fat32 drive.

Did you also try powering off the device after you disconnect it? I have noticed that that seems to be necessary as well but neglected to mention it...
Old 11-08-2010, 08:14 PM   #21
panzer

Something strange: each time I plug-in the usb cable to my reader, the progress bar displays with "Processing" at the bottom. Just like if I had added a new book. Same thing happens if I unplug the cable. If I open up Calibre a pop-up window shows:
disk I/O error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 69, in run
File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 311, in _books
File "/home/kovid/build/calibre/src/calibre/devices/kobo/driver.py", line 164, in books
OperationalError: disk I/O error

Damn, what's going on??
Old 11-08-2010, 08:55 PM   #22
timlegge
Addict

I suspect that you have a file system issue. Try checking the drive for errors.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:12 PM   #23
panzer

How can I do that?
Old 11-08-2010, 09:23 PM   #24
timlegge
Addict

Probably best to do it on Windows but:

sudo fsck.vfat -v /dev/sde

where sde is the device name of the kobo.

You can check the device name using dmesg or mount...

Tim
Old 11-08-2010, 09:53 PM   #25
panzer

Ok, I did "sudo fsck.vfat -v /dev/sdb" but didnt help.
I have a question. Can I format my kobo (with gparted) in FAT32 and then possibly I can copy
the files I need to it?
Old 11-08-2010, 10:02 PM   #26
timlegge
Addict

Quote:
Ok, I did "sudo fsck.vfat -v /dev/sdb" but didnt help.
I have a question. Can I format my kobo (with gparted) in FAT32 and then possibly I can copy
the files I need to it?
Did it show any errors? That won't fix them, I believe a -a is necessary. Read man fsck.vfat

You can probably reformat but I have not done it. I have not heard of anyone doing it so I don't really know

Tim
Old 11-09-2010, 07:36 PM   #27
panzer

Hello. Me again (sorry).
Ok, So I decided to reformat my Kobo and I added the file "KoboReader.sqlite" into .kobo directory I created. Then, I open up Calibre and I added a book to see if it works. I unpluged
the usb cable, and my Kobo shows "No books found". Do I have to do something else?
Old 11-09-2010, 07:42 PM   #28
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
What do you mean when you said you reformatted your kobo? Did you wipe the drive and then create only a .kobo directory for the the sqlite file?
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #29
timlegge
Addict

Quote:
Hello. Me again (sorry).
Ok, So I decided to reformat my Kobo and I added the file "KoboReader.sqlite" into .kobo directory I created. Then, I open up Calibre and I added a book to see if it works. I unpluged
the usb cable, and my Kobo shows "No books found". Do I have to do something else?
Follow the instructions from the first post of this thread. Does the kobo see the books when you turn it on?

Tim
Old 11-09-2010, 08:05 PM   #30
panzer

I did follow the instructions from post #1, but my kobo found no book.

Tags
database, kobo, recovery