Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 08-27-2009, 07:07 PM   #1
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Device: Nook GlowLight 3
Buy one get one free at sony store

If you look one the right it shows free download with purchase of a book. I don't know exactly how it works, maybe they email a code for the free book. Deal id good until Sept. 11.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...0&N=4294954528
lisreed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 07:55 PM   #2
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
I was trying to figure that offer out, but I don't see any additional information about it. They're teasing us!
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 08:09 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
I think you're right. You click on the link and there is no 'buy one; get one free' offer
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:13 PM   #4
lisreed
Addict
lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.lisreed is no ebook tyro.

Well hopefully the offer will show up soon at the store.
Old 08-27-2009, 08:46 PM   #5
duskdawns
Enthusiast
duskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-books

Device: none
Sony Website:
Free eBook download
with purchase from the eBook Store. Valid thru Sep. 11

Is it possible that they mean that with a purchase of a Sony Reader Pocket/Touch Edition that you get a free ebook download?
duskdawns is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 09:11 PM   #6
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I just had a "live chat" with Sony Online Support. In July they had an offer buy 2 get 1 free called "Wow Wednesday" for each Wednesday of the month. The free book was one they chose and you didn't know what it was going to be until that week. By the time I got to the last week discovered I had already purchased the "Free" eBook. When I asked if I could get a different one free I was told they don't do refunds. Not what I asked at all!

So I decided to go with the "live chat". This was the end response: "I suggest that you contact our eBook Support Team on 877-263-2863."

I then asked about this free offer and was told the same thing.

I am not surprised since I only got the link to the Wow Wednesday deal in an email from the Sony Store. Sometimes the link was in some obsure place. Not on the front page like you would think it would be!
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:47 PM   #7
lisreed
Addict

Well now I have received an email from Sony

Purchase Hello Darkness by Sandra Brown & get another title of her's free.

Last edited by lisreed; 08-27-2009 at 09:49 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:59 PM   #8
sminarovich
Connoisseur
sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony ereader 500 & 600
fudge, sony freebies only for the special people

I am signed up to get all the different sony emails, but I never received any concerning wow wednesday or buy one get one free. Why am i just finding out about it now.
sminarovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:12 PM   #9
duskdawns
Enthusiast
duskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-booksduskdawns has learned how to read e-books

Device: none
The Wow Wednesdays were mentioned back in this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...Sony+Harlequin

The Sandra Brown deal is buy Smash Cut and receive Hello, Darkness for free:

http://ebookstore.sony.com/ebook/san...00000000169586
duskdawns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:18 PM   #10
sminarovich
Connoisseur
sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.sminarovich could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: sony ereader 500 & 600
oh ok Harlequin thats why I forgot about them. thanks for the info
sminarovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:13 AM   #11
goldilocks
Addict
goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.goldilocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
The Wow Wednesday deal was Harlequin eBooks. The Sandra Brown eBooks are published by Simon & Schuster and are listed under the Mysteries & Thrillers category. I just got the email about them too and it was from the Sony Electronics Store not the Sony eBook store.
goldilocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:21 PM   #12
Linda
Enthusiast
Linda began at the beginning.

Device: N/A
The Sony buy one get one free was somewhat confusing. They give three different dates for expiration of offer (8/30/2009, 9/11/2009 and 9/30/2009). I bought the book Smash Cuts and will receive a coupon for the free book (Hello, Darkness). It will be interesting to see if it shows up.
Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:59 PM   #13
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

Device: Red Sony 505 and Ipad
Is Sandra Brown any good? I haven't read any of her stuff. There was also a 2 for 1 deal with the new Philipa Gregory book.
SHOECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:42 PM   #14
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
This thread got me thinking--are there any free books offered with purchase of a new Reader? Just bought a 300 but haven't registered it--I'm using my own saved e-books and borrowed e-books from the NYPL. Will registration pop up any freebies?
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 07:29 PM   #15
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Sandra Brown is a very good author. I find her thrillers to be fast-paced and well-written, but a little too edgy for me.

Incidentally she used to write category romances for the now defunct Candlelight line, and those were excellent books as well.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote