Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-23-2014, 04:27 PM   #1
murderofcrows
murderofcrows began at the beginning.

Device: Nook by Samsung
Nook by Samsung - Strange naming issues in library

I ported my Calibre library with all my DRM free, ebook, Kindle redos, etc-- and now I have the oddest problem of the metadata showing up very strangely. There's a screencap here, but the basic gist is... when I sort by author, only my BN Nook Books show correctly, while anything else that's been swapped into ePub shows... well, their publisher metadata.

I never had this issue on my old Nook Tablet, and it's certainly frustrating for someone who likes to sort and organize nicely. Any idea how to fix it?
murderofcrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 07:00 PM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I suggest you use the android app Calibre Companion to manage your ebooks and view the metadata.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2014, 08:10 PM   #3
murderofcrows

I've given that a shot, but I was hoping for suggestions on anything I could do to make the Nook library software read the correct information, or where it might be going wrong. I don't want to have to ues the Nook software for the books I buy through the Nook store and the Calibre app to get other books. I'd like them all in one, neat place.

I know the Samsung Nook is very new, but hoping someone out there might have an idea of what was causing this.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:34 PM   #4
Rhihan
Rhihan began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Hi,

I'm having the same problem. Did you find a way to fix this?
Rhihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 01:25 AM   #5
murderofcrows

Fraid not - the one post of 'use another program' was all the help I got and I never figured out the issue on my own.
Advert
Old 10-17-2014, 09:12 AM   #6
Rhihan
Rhihan began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Did you try copying the Author column to the Publisher column? Because no one really needs the Publisher information anyway.
Rhihan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
metadata errors, nook, nook library, samsung