Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 08-20-2012, 04:27 AM   #46
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
The buttons are kinda ugly. Right now I'm feeling good about my 650 and T1 backups sitting in my drawer
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:18 PM   #47
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTravis13 View Post
just as Julia implied I'm impressed that someone able to make $6564 in a few weeks on the internet. did you look at this link l]
Oh, for Christ's sake, stop!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #48
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
There is no reason to reply to such obviously spammish posts, just use the report post function.
The original post is already gone.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:28 PM   #49
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
There is no reason to reply to such obviously spammish posts, just use the report post function.
The original post is already gone.
When, exactly, were you appointed a moderator of this site?

I believe the answer is 'never', so if you would be good enough to stop telling me what I should and shouldn't do, it would be appreciated.
Old 08-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #50
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
That's nothing

Sim E An was shocked that Monkey was able to make 823,487 bananas in a few weeks on the internet. Did you see this link?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #51
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
That's nothing

Sim E An was shocked that Monkey was able to make 823,487 bananas in a few weeks on the internet. Did you see this link?
Careful, you'll upset murraypaul

By the way, having seen the link, where do I sign up?
Old 08-20-2012, 03:31 PM   #52
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Careful, you'll upset murraypaul
Old 08-20-2012, 03:35 PM   #53
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
By the way, having seen the link, where do I sign up?
I'm still trying to figure out how I did it in the first place. I want a repeat.
Old 08-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #54
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:

I believe the answer is 'never', so if you would be good enough to stop telling me what I should and shouldn't do, it would be appreciated.
I read it as they were making a polite suggestion in case you weren't aware that replying to a spam post was a waste of your time. Chill out.... and that's just a recommendation, not an order
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:03 PM   #55
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
I read it as they were making a polite suggestion in case you weren't aware that replying to a spam post was a waste of your time. Chill out.... and that's just a recommendation, not an order
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. But thanks for the recommendation
Old 08-20-2012, 05:13 PM   #56
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
They should have called this thing the PRS-T1.5. It seems to mainly be a few tweeks from the T1.

If you are inclined to buy a T2, I suggest you watch for sales of the T1.
Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:28 PM   #57
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Quote:
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. But thanks for the recommendation

I might just be in a bizarrely good mood* and maybe you are right, murraypaul should possibly chill out too....

*I'm on day one of my week off work, and I'm sooooo happy about not having to go to work for the rest of the week.

Back on topic, I think Harmon is spot on, apart from minor cosmetic changes (removing the glare from the black version and tweaking the buttons) the rest seems like updated software. I'm presuming even the possible slight improvement in the contrast, sharpness of the text is probably software related too and not any difference in the screen.

However, it remains to be seen if the next Kindle only really offers front-lit tech as it's upgrade or not. If so, and there is no improvement to the screen resolution, it'll probably just be mainly software related improvements too. Which wouldn't make the PRS-T2 that bad an update to the Sony reader, would it?
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #58
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Quote:

Clearly my post came across in a tone that wasn't intended.
My point was that by quoting the post, you've preserved it, while it would otherwise have completely vanished.
You are free to do whatever you wish, but reporting spam posts tends to get an extremely quick reaction on MobileRead.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 05:44 PM   #59
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
Clearly my post came across in a tone that wasn't intended.
My point was that by quoting the post, you've preserved it, while it would otherwise have completely vanished.
You are free to do whatever you wish, but reporting spam posts tends to get an extremely quick reaction on MobileRead.
I agree. You may note that I deleted the link from the quote precisely to avoid my light-hearted post perpetuating the spammer's purpose.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:28 PM   #60
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
However, it remains to be seen if the next Kindle only really offers front-lit tech as it's upgrade or not. If so, and there is no improvement to the screen resolution, it'll probably just be mainly software related improvements too. Which wouldn't make the PRS-T2 that bad an update to the Sony reader, would it?
Well, let's not forget Sony *dropped* audio capabilities in going from the T1 to the T2 so the software upgrades came attached to a hardware downgrade.

The odds of Amazon dropping audio from the Kindle Touch aren't too high, considering Amazon actually sells audio ebooks in the Kindle store. (To the tune of a few hundred million bucks a year.)

Plus, they already have a rock-bottom priced audio-less model (at US$79-109). And it has really good paging buttons.

If the T2 street price really runs $99 they'll be a good match for the other epub readers in that price range--last year's Nook STR and Kobo touch--but not the Kindles. Which, BTW, already offer support for Amazon's KF8 (their answer to epub3).

T1 was a good match with last year's Kindle Touch but the T2 isn't playing in that arena anymore.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote