Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #16
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Hmm, so I guess my idea of having corresponding calibre id numbers for stories on FanFiction.Net is out. FF.Net is already up to 7,880,569.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #17
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Hmm, so I guess my idea of having corresponding calibre id numbers for stories on FanFiction.Net is out. FF.Net is already up to 7,880,569.
Well, you could always add in empty books to fill in the gaps if you really wanted to go that route.

I do wonder if since it doesn't have an actual book file attached to it how a large number, ie thousands, of empty books would affect Calibre's performance.
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #18
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookJunkieLI View Post
Well, you could always add in empty books to fill in the gaps if you really wanted to go that route.
That's actually all I plan on doing. Empty placeholders for fanfics I haven't downloaded and then just do an add format later. I have a batch file that adds ebooks to the library (100,000 for now) and it's taking a while to finish. I've left it running since Monday evening and when I checked yesterday afternoon, it was still at 15,000. Trying the GUI method now. It's limited to 10,000 books at a time but it appears to be going much faster.

Quote:
I do wonder if since it doesn't have an actual book file attached to it how a large number, ie thousands, of empty books would affect Calibre's performance.
It'll be certainly interesting to know. Alas, I was doing batch downloads for my favorite categories so my fanfic count is already at 50,000. A lot of those are probably crap but it'll be easier to weed them out after I add them to Calibre by using the ratings tag than if I were to devise my own method.
Old 02-29-2012, 01:07 PM   #19
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It'll be certainly interesting to know. Alas, I was doing batch downloads for my favorite categories so my fanfic count is already at 50,000. A lot of those are probably crap but it'll be easier to weed them out after I add them to Calibre by using the ratings tag than if I were to devise my own method.
Definitely. Actually I'm curious, how are you doing batch downloads from FFNet? I usually use Flagfic to download my fics from there but it still means I have to go through and copy down all of the id #'s. Especially since you can't just download, say, id #123456 to 123500 and expect to get all the same fandom or even the same language. Not that I've tried that or anything. Although I admit I did find some interesting fics that way.
Old 02-29-2012, 02:00 PM   #20
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Definitely. Actually I'm curious, how are you doing batch downloads from FFNet? I usually use Flagfic to download my fics from there but it still means I have to go through and copy down all of the id #'s. Especially since you can't just download, say, id #123456 to 123500 and expect to get all the same fandom or even the same language. Not that I've tried that or anything. Although I admit I did find some interesting fics that way.
FLAG was initially released under GPL (back in 2008 or 2009, I think). I still have a copy of the original scripts and those are what I use (running locally with XAMPP).

If you want something easier, there's the FanFictionDownloader plugin by JimmXinu. I find FLAG generated fics to be better formatted but there's no question that the FFDL plugin makes batch downloading a lot easier.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #21
erayd
Zealot
erayd doesn't littererayd doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 2
I've also got a Calibre plugin on my todo list for FLAG - a few users have asked me if I can write one for them recently, and it seems like something well worth spending a bit of time on.

Watch this space!
erayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:40 PM   #22
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by erayd View Post
I've also got a Calibre plugin on my todo list for FLAG - a few users have asked me if I can write one for them recently, and it seems like something well worth spending a bit of time on.
That sounds awesome!
Old 03-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #23
erayd
Zealot
erayd doesn't littererayd doesn't litter

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 2
Quote:
That sounds awesome!
I hope it will be .

I haven't written plugins for Calibre before, so I'm definitely interested to see how the system works - should be a fun project!

I use Calibre for my own library management, but as I don't have much fanfiction in my library I never even thought of doing a plugin until users started asking me for one...
erayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #24
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist

Quote:
That sounds awesome!
I second this. I adore your site for downloading a lot of my fic