Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-23-2014, 06:11 AM   #61
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnastase View Post
Funny that you mentioned that. That was going to be my next question.
I too have problems trying to wake up the T62. (only I'm on the Boyue ROM).
I seem to need a couple of button presses to get it to wake up, and it's more like a delay than how many times I press...

I was wondering if instead of regular standby the device is getting into some deeper sleep mode and thus it's taking more time to wake up.

On the other hand my battery life seems to have improved considerably.
With moderate use it consumed only 8% in 2 days. With wifi being on all the time.
At this rate I'm happy.
I didn't have the same sleep issue with the T62 rom. With this E653 rom, if I leave it alone, it will go into sleep mode, awaken on its own, then go back into sleep mode, and do so until the battery wears down. The T62 rom did not do this. I like the E653 rom a little better overall, but the sleep mode issue is a little annoying. I need to turn my device off whenever I'm not using it for long.

When I installed SetCPU, I noticed a significant improvement in battery life. Did you do anything special to improve yours?
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 07:23 AM   #62
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've gone back to the T62 rom. The sleep issues were just too annoying. No sleep issues now - other than remembering to manually turn on wifi after my T62 awakens. I also get - with either rom - at least 20 hours of battery use on a charge, with wifi on. Not bad.
Advert
Old 11-23-2014, 07:24 AM   #63
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: NG,NSTG,NST,AuraHD,OnyxT68,Lynx, BoyueT62,NGP,Aura1,Oasis,Mars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
Mine comes out of sleep easily. It's actually held awake most of the time by a kernel process
so I can't do anything about it.

8% in two days! Was it on the whole time or did you shut it off? Mine uses 1.5% per hour overnight with wifi off. What rom are you on with that?
Yes, it was on. I wouldn't mention it otherwise, as it doesn't matter if it's off

I hope it's not a fluke though, I have my device for not even a week.

I'm using Boyue ROM, 2014092318, came this way.

The only thing I did between my complaining about battery and now is:
- rooted
- installed DeepSleep Battery Saver
DS didn't seem to make any difference in the first couple of days, so that's why I can't really correlate w/ the battery behavior change.
dnastase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 07:26 AM   #64
dnastase
Addict
dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dnastase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster59 View Post
I've gone back to the T62 rom. The sleep issues were just too annoying. No sleep issues now - other than remembering to manually turn on wifi after my T62 awakens. I also get - with either rom - at least 20 hours of battery use on a charge, with wifi on. Not bad.
Which ROM version are you using ?
I didn't upgrade mine, as just as I got it I was reading about people having bricked their device with some ROM that just appeared and I got scared ...
Old 11-23-2014, 01:24 PM   #65
downeaster59
Wizard

Quote:
Which ROM version are you using ?
I didn't upgrade mine, as just as I got it I was reading about people having bricked their device with some ROM that just appeared and I got scared ...
Mine is the July version from nightboy's post, OP. I haven't tried any more recent ones for the same reason you gave.
Advert
Old 11-23-2014, 05:28 PM   #66
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
I found an answer to the font fuzziness - turn page animation on. I was using the Kindle app and noticed the font stayed more clear than in moon+ so I used shift horizontally and that refreshes better and the animation isn't too bad.

Edit: Google real page turn flashes black every page turn, so if you don't mind that it's a good choice too.

Last edited by Purple Lady; 11-23-2014 at 05:45 PM.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 06:52 PM   #67
dnastase
Addict

In AIReader, turning on the animation doesn't help.
How do you turn animation on in Kindle ?
In Moon+ I have turned on shift horizontally, but I don't see any improvement either.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:04 PM   #68
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
In AIReader, turning on the animation doesn't help.
How do you turn animation on in Kindle ?
In Moon+ I have turned on shift horizontally, but I don't see any improvement either.
Animation in the Kindle app is automatic - you can't turn it off. Did you try Google real page turn in moon+? That flashes black like regular eink for me, so if that doesn't help on yours, I don't know what else would.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:52 PM   #69
dnastase
Addict

I didn't understand what you said but now I've tried it and you're right: it does real refresh and the contours are smooth. However it flashes twice and the whole thing takes quite some time and, at least for my eyes, it's quite disturbing
Thanks for trying though!
Old 11-23-2014, 08:04 PM   #70
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I didn't understand what you said but now I've tried it and you're right: it does real refresh and the contours are smooth. However it flashes twice and the whole thing takes quite some time and, at least for my eyes, it's quite disturbing
Thanks for trying though!
You can set the speed of animation in moon+ - it's right underneath the animation type.
Old 11-24-2014, 08:07 AM   #71
dnastase
Addict

Quote:
You can set the speed of animation in moon+ - it's right underneath the animation type.
Yes, thanks, like I said, I've found it and it works, but it flashes twice in a very disturbing manner.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:06 AM   #72
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Battery Life has been about what I expected 2-3 days, but I noticed that if I use another launcher other than the Boyue one the reader turns on a few minutes after I turn it off.

I too noticed that the reader does not do a full screen refresh with third party ebook readers like mantano, I tried to figure out the keycode for the screen refresh button to see if I could make a tasker profile to simulate a key press every so often but none of the apps that detect key presses detects it so it must be bypassing android all together and just refreshing the screen (long press does get detected, but that just turns the frontlight on/off)

So far I am liking this reader a lot
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 11:06 AM   #73
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yes, thanks, like I said, I've found it and it works, but it flashes twice in a very disturbing manner.
I pointed that out because you said it was slow. The flashes looked to me like the same thing you get on a regular eink, but I haven't tried reading with that setting yet so I hope it's ok for me to read with. In my testing it did make the fonts more clear.
Old 11-24-2014, 11:01 PM   #74
dnastase
Addict

Quote:
I pointed that out because you said it was slow. The flashes looked to me like the same thing you get on a regular eink, but I haven't tried reading with that setting yet so I hope it's ok for me to read with. In my testing it did make the fonts more clear.
You're right, it does make it almost as good as the refresh by button.
But no matter how fast I set it it's still flashes too much, it tires my eyes.
Old 11-26-2014, 12:38 PM   #75
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
Tried setting my boyue to automatically turn off after a few minutes of inactivity but that fails to kick in, anyone else run into the same problem?
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote