Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-14-2019, 04:41 PM   #76
elchamaco
Zealot
elchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enoughelchamaco will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle, boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesoki View Post
Still trying to figure out how to get an inline dictionary to work with Moon reader?
I do use the Bookerly Font from here
I use golden dict, it allows to use a lot of dictionaries types (Lingoes, Babylon, ABBYY Lingvo, StarDict, Dictd , Hunspell .AFF/.DIC morphology files)

I changed recently to fora dictionary (now discontinued), it works fine. It can been downloaded in apk pages.

And there are a lot of dicionary apps you can use, color dict, alpus (this seems to be the son of fora but it takes an eternity to import stardict dictionaries).
elchamaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 06:00 AM   #77
alfpier
alfpier began at the beginning.

Device: onyx boox poke
Hello

do anyone know if is there an ereader app optimized for eink that has these functionalities for pdfs:

page reindexing: useful to add an offset to page number in order to be able to go to actual page in the main text and skip those pages that are not main text (contents,lists of figures, etc). This should work also after having splitted two page landscape documents.

Automatic skew correction: useful to correct the skew of those documents that come from scans non perfectly done where text is not always horizontal.

I know that these features are present in ebookdroid, app that I used thoroughly on my previous Samsung tablet. Using ebookdroid on my eink (boox nova pro) I found the rendering of text is not as good as that of the default app (neo Reader, which however lacks the useful features mentioned before)

Unfortunately the devs of ebookdroid refuse to release an eink version of their app, so I am asking you guys if you know some alternatives with similar functionalities

Sent from my NovaPro using Tapatalk
alfpier is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert