Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
"Cover, 0 pages left in chapter"

I have one problem epub which will not display how many pages are left in the chapter on my Nook STR. I have tried deleting it from the Nook several times now and adding the book again, I have tried multiple epub-to-epub conversions, and even using a mobi version of the book and converting it to epub. I have also deleted the cover from the book and tried that but it will not work correctly.

The problem is that when I click on "go to" on the Nook screen, to show how many pages are left in the chapter, it always says 0. It also always says the current chapter is "cover."

In the book's table of contents, it is listed as the following:

p. 246 COVER PAGE
p. 3 TITLE PAGE
p. 7 LIST OF ILLUSTRATIONS
p. 8 NOTE ON THE TEXT

And so on. No matter where I am in the actual book, only "p. 246 COVER PAGE" is highlighted.
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:11 AM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
perhaps it was originally a scanned PDF? They will act this way.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
tecweston
Comic book artist
tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tecweston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
perhaps it was originally a scanned PDF? They will act this way.

Helen
Is there a way to fix it?
tecweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:37 AM   #4
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
If it was a scanned PDF, only way is to use ocr software. Not worth it for me, as it can be tedious.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote