Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #1
bachelor
bachelor began at the beginning.

Device: none
Babylon app?

Hi everybody,
New to this forum, but I want to ask a thing or two. Is there any way to make Babylon application work in calibre book viewer? When I try to look for a word in Babylon I have to do it manually.
So, any solutions?
bachelor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
What is Babylon and what does it have to do with calibre's ebook-viewer?
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2011, 02:35 PM   #3
pollito pito
i warned you ...
pollito pito doesn't litterpollito pito doesn't litterpollito pito doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
What is Babylon and what does it have to do with calibre's ebook-viewer?
No, no: What is Babylon app ?
pollito pito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 02:38 PM   #4
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollito pito View Post
No, no: What is Babylon app ?
The OP said application. Babylon would be the name of the application. In reference to the OPs post leaving off app (short for application) makes sense in the context is is used. Unless app is part of the name (which the OP didn't use) then app is needless.
Old 02-13-2011, 04:00 PM   #5
bachelor

Its an application - dictionary - you may google it. And it doesn't work only on text in calibre book viewer. Why is that?
Advert
Old 02-13-2011, 04:11 PM   #6
user_none

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachelor View Post
Its an application - dictionary - you may google it.
Go ask the people who made it why it doesn't work. You might also want to google "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way" while you're at it.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:23 AM   #7
atjnjk
Zealot
atjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
And it doesn't work only on text in calibre book viewer. Why is that?
It because Babylon can't capture text in python softwares (and java + some other apps). You could set Babylon to capture clipboard then copy the text to have it searched/translated.
atjnjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:56 AM   #8
bachelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Go ask the people who made it why it doesn't work. You might also want to google "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way" while you're at it.
Sorry for inconvenience which I cause to you or your establishment when I asked in such shortened and stupid way. However, I am very glad that somebody eventually understood my, much under-intelligent and no-smart-way question, and answered correctly. Thank you very much for help on this issue.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:08 PM   #9
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
Quote:
Sorry for inconvenience which I cause to you
I realize you are aggravated, but you have to realize that the volunteers here that answer questions get a steady stream of people asking things on the level of "Calibre won’t work. Why Not?"

You didn’t even say what version of Calibre or what OS you are using. They need full details to understand what the problem is.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote