Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-13-2010, 08:56 AM   #1
cyrus
cyrus began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 505
Turn off or sleep

Probably a dumb qn, but i presume that when finished reading you just put the device to sleep as opposed to powering off totally?
cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:57 AM   #2
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Personal choice but most go for sleep... my 505 hasn't been off in 3+ years except when I needed a reset...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2010, 09:00 AM   #3
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
I prefer sleep mode as well. Turning my reader on and off every time I put it down seems too much work. Plus, I have some really cool wallpapers to show off while my reader is enjoying some well deserved rest !
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:12 PM   #4
babyd
Addict
babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.babyd once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Sony:505, 600, 350, 650, Kindle 3 & PW, Kobo Mini & Aura HD
I put my 350 to sleep, after 2 days it automatically shuts off fully, so works well
babyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:32 PM   #5
fatal_icecream
fatal_icecream began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505 KindleDXG PRS350
Sleep is the most convenient choice to me when finished reading.
fatal_icecream is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2010, 10:27 AM   #6
Romiman
Connoisseur
Romiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipseRomiman can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS-350
I don´t do anything. Just stop reading, and storing it away.
So the reader will switch into the sleep mode automaticially, also shutting off later on.
Romiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:51 AM   #7
yakuzaboss
Groupie
yakuzaboss is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-650
Sleep for me. I havent turned off my 650 yet since I've had it.
yakuzaboss is offline   Reply With Quote