Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #1
Themus
Zealot
Themus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook
Sigil highlight Book View No Longer Shows in Code View

Does highlighting text in book view in order to see what code is being used in Code view no longer work. I used to remember that working and an online video shows the YouTube video highlighting text in the Book View, and then in order to observe what codes are being used, switch over to code view: and there you would be at the same place.

Now when I highlight text in Book View and go to Code View, I am always at the top of the code and never taken to where I have highlighted it in Book View.

Is this feature gone in an update and I just didn't notice it till now?

Thank You!
Themus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:23 AM   #2
kiwidude
calibre/Sigil Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@Themus - it would rather help if you told us what version of Sigil you were using and your OS... if you are using the 0.5.90x betas, then report it on the beta thread describing exactly your steps to reproduce it.

If you are using one of the earlier versions (like 0.5.3 or earlier) then yes there are various synchronisation bugs in the code. These have been fixed for the 0.5.90x beta builds, unless you have managed to find a new edge case for it (hence why we would need exact repro steps).
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2012, 03:47 AM   #3
paulhypno
paulhypno began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I am pleased to say that I do not have this problem

Windows 7 x64 running latest 5.906 beta
paulhypno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #4
Themus
Zealot
Themus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-booksThemus has learned how to read e-books

Old version apparently.

I am running 5.902 Windows 7 -64 bit. Looks like I need to try 5.906 beta.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #5
Themus
Zealot

Sweet, that fixed it!

Thank you.!
Advert