Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #226
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
My favourite forum is Reading Recommendations. I don't often contribute to it, but I've been lurking there since I joined MobileRead a couple of years ago, and it has helped me discover several authors that I probably wouldn't have come across otherwise.

I also often visit the French and German forums, but that's more to help me keep up to date with my language skills rather than to learn anything new about ebooks or readers.

With best wishes for the next ten years.

Mike
Old 11-06-2012, 09:53 AM   #227
Limulf
Limulf began at the beginning.

Device: none
My favourite section is the Onyx Boox subforum, I have found a lot of useful information there. (Thanks Booxtor for your hard work!)

I can't really think of any important improvement I would like to see. The only, very minor thing that comes to mind, is to give us the ability to load a dark skin for the forums (black background and green, white or yellow text).

Thanks for the giveaway and happy 10th Birthday, MobileRead!
Juan.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:00 AM   #228
Mickey330
Addict
Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mickey330 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis & the Kindle app on iDevices
Congratulations on the 10th anniversary! This forum is still one of my favorite places to visit ... daily.

My favorite forum is the "E-Book General" forum (with the "News" and "General Discussions" the sub-forums I like in there). I can stay up-to-date on what's happening in the mobile e-reading world by visiting those two sub-forums. I also enjoy reading the differing views and opinions from around the world.

Honestly, I wouldn't change a thing about those forums. They are great as is, with great members involved.

Oh, and let me take advantage of this opportunity to thank you (once again) for putting this forum on Tapatalk. That would have been the only improvement I could have asked for MobileRead - and it was already done. Hurray!

Thanks again for a superb forum. Here's to 10 more years (and more!).

Marilyn
Old 11-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #229
Anoik
Anoik began at the beginning.

Device: none
My favourite section is Sony Reader, because i have the PRS-T1. I don't need any change in that subforum.

Happy birthday!
Old 11-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #230
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
My favorite forums (fora?) are "News" and the "PocketBook" section, because I happen to have one. But in all seriousness, the forum as a whole is easily the most important e-reader resource on the web. No obvious changes required. Congrats to your tenth anniversary!
Old 11-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #231
petermgates
petermgates began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Well, as a brand new member to the forums, I feel rather cheeky that my first post should be one entering a competition!

Nonetheless, I stumbled into MobileRead from the e-reader matrix on the wiki. My other half loves her kindle 3 and I am sick of squinting at my lcd screen when trying to read in the sun so I have decided e-ink is the way forward.

With that in mind, I suspect that my most-visited thread for the near future will be the "Which one should I buy?" thread.

Reading through others' posts on here though and I think I'll also be making use of the recommendations section as well as the freebies and deals section. I guess time will tell. Who knows, maybe I'll be around for the same competition in ten years time!
Old 11-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #232
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Congratulations on 10 wonderful years! I have found this community to be full of warm, caring and helpful individuals, willing to share advice, sympathy and laughs with anyone who may need it. I wish MR and Alex many more successful years.

While there are many sections of MR that I love, my favourite would have to be Reading Recommendations. It has helped to expand my reading selection, and has introduced me to many great authors and books. It has done more to expand my reading selection than anything I have experienced so far.
Old 11-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #233
joshg253
joshg253 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Manga, Nook Simple Touch
Cool entry

My favorite forums are the ones specifically pertaining to the Nook, since I used to use an original Nook, and now a refurb Nook Simple Touch.

I also really like how there are separate forums for popular eBook software.

I enjoyed the mystery contest a couple years ago too!
Old 11-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #234
Giesskanne
Gärtner
Giesskanne began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, PocketBook touch
Congratulations!

I like the PocketBook section and the E-Book General forum.

Go on like this.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:17 PM   #235
bert501
Connoisseur
bert501 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bert501 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bert501 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bert501 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bert501 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bert501 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bert501 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bert501 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bert501 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bert501 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bert501 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
10 years?! Still just a baby LOL

I love the forums and read quite a few of them regularly but my absolute favorite is: Reading Recommendations Hey!! Let's Get Some Action Going!
What Are We Reading?

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10108

I troll through here every day to get ideas on what to read next. Always some good info & I have found so many new authors to add to my TBR pile!
Old 11-06-2012, 07:40 PM   #236
Sunetra
Sunetra began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
My favorite section is the Kindle Developer's Corner because I love getting the most out of my devices!

I don't really have any suggestions on how to make it better - I find it very useful just the way it is. Keep up the good work!
Old 11-06-2012, 07:59 PM   #237
rumcd
rumcd began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge, Kindle 3G, nook Classic, Sony PRS-500
I love Mobileread and have used the "enTourage eDGe" forum area extensively. Alas my eDGe is getting long in the tooth and perhaps it is time to branch out... Thanks to the dedicated Mobilereaders for making all of the forums here so great!
Old 11-06-2012, 10:47 PM   #238
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
My favorite forum is ... mmm, let me think ... since I generally log in every day and read through the "New Posts" it's hard to decide. I guess its either "Deals, Freebies, ..." or "calibre" with "Sigil" and the "Mobi/PRC Books" forum in the Patricia Clark Memorial Library tied for a close 3rd.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:40 PM   #239
kevinp
Fanatic
kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kevinp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe, Kindle PW (10th & 11th gen); Fire HD 10
I've been lurking here for eight of your ten years (I've done more reading than posting). My favorite section is the News of course. I like to stay on top of all the new stuff that is coming out or going on.

About the only way I can think of making the forum better is to have some way of identifying the posts that I've responded to, so it's easier to go back and check if there's a response.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:59 PM   #240
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Thanks to all who participated in the giveaway!

Thanks and good luck to all who participated in MobileRead's Tenth Birthday Giveaway! While we're all waiting for the winners to be announced, feel free to share your thoughts here.

everyone!

This thread is now .
Closed Thread