Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-28-2010, 02:27 AM   #1
Mitch G
Connoisseur
Mitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle
One-handed reading/page turning

I like to read in bed on my back holding the book over my head.
I can easily read this way with my daughter's kindle since I can securely hold the kindle with my left hand by placing various digits across the front - including the keyboard area. Changing pages is simply a matter of rotating my left index finger so the knuckle presses the next page button.

A key aspect of the kindle that makes this work for me is that ability to place some of my fingers across the keyboard area.
But, I fear this won't work with the nook given the touch screen location.
And even then, is it easy enough to next-page?

I'll try this out at the local Barnes & Noble, but I don't think they'll let me lie on a couch for several minutes trying this out.
So, I'm also looking for some insight from nook owners.

Thanks,

Mitch
Mitch G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:57 AM   #2
nashira
Addict
nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I don't own one, but I'd think you could manage that by using the touch screen to turn pages when it goes dark.
nashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2010, 09:51 AM   #3
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
turning pages can be done manually with the turn page buttons on the side of the unit or can be done on the LCD screen with the finger swipe when it goes to sleep. beside the Kindle is wider than the nook.

So you'll have no issues, the manual page turning is similair to the Kindle, so no worries.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:04 PM   #4
Mitch G
Connoisseur
Mitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enoughMitch G will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle
Hehe I tried to simulate my reading holding position at bestbuy today but those stupid tethers made it basically impossible. Nonetheless I does seem doable. That said is there a way to force the touch screen into dark mode or do you just have to wait for it?

Thanks

Mitch
Mitch G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:12 PM   #5
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
Hehe I tried to simulate my reading holding position at bestbuy today but those stupid tethers made it basically impossible. Nonetheless I does seem doable. That said is there a way to force the touch screen into dark mode or do you just have to wait for it?

Thanks

Mitch
yes there is you can set it to go off at either 10sec. 30sec or 1min
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert