Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 12-16-2007, 05:08 PM   #121
StDo
Translating Calibre...
StDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with others

Device: [PRS-500], PB360
New Profile - Dilbert

Just to let everyone know, I posted a profile for "Dilbert" - the dayly comicstrip on Kovid's wiki.
https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net/wiki/UserProfiles

Thanks to Stenis - it is his favourite feed.
StDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:37 AM   #122
JTravers
Groupie
JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JTravers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air 2
Thanks for the Dilbert profile.
What a great idea!
JTravers is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2007, 02:56 PM   #123
StDo
Translating Calibre...
StDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with othersStDo plays well with others

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTravers View Post
Thanks for the Dilbert profile.
What a great idea!
You are welcome.

Btw. let the karma grow!
Old 01-09-2008, 09:32 PM   #124
secretsubscribe
Enthusiast
secretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to behold

Device: PRS-500,Treo 750, Archos 605 Wifi
Profile for the TheNation.com

Hello
I'm in the process of developing a profile to log in and download articles from thenation.com.
The Nation doesn't have an RSS feed for their monthly articles. They have feeds for Most Emailed, Top Stories, etc.. But I want to download the current month's "Magazine."
What's helpful is that they the month's articles (those included in print AND web only articles) are located @ http://www.thenation.com/issue/YYYYMMDD
The individual articles are located at http://www.thenation.com/doc/YYYYMMDD/author_name.

So I was able to scrape out all the urls for for the articles.
Then in trying to figure out what to do next, I decided to take those URLs and create an rss xml file on my local drive (c:\program files\libprs500\nation.xml),
that i then returned at the end of the profile:
return [('feed1','file:///c:/program%20files/libprs500/nation.xml')]

I worked!
Now i need figure out how to extract the article titles and descriptions and make the proper replacements to get the print versions of the articles instead.

But the main reason I'm posting it to ask if creating and accessing the local rss file is the way to go. This would be a lot more convinient to anyone interested if the profile script didn't have to worry about generating files and directory structures.
Just started to take a look at this a few days ago and its the first time I try my hand at python so thanks for any help in advance.
secretsubscribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 10:06 PM   #125
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Creating an XML file will work, it is the least python intensive solution. However, you can also just override the parse_feeds() function. It should return a list of dictionaries. Each dictionary should be of the form

Code:
{
            'title'       : article title,
            'url'         : URL of print version,
            'date'        : The publication date of the article as a string,
            'description' : A summary of the article
}
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2008, 01:47 AM   #126
secretsubscribe
Enthusiast
secretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to beholdsecretsubscribe is a marvel to behold

Hello
Instead of overriding the get_feeds, i've attempted to override the parse_feeds function.
I create the list of dictionaries and return it.
Now I get this message:
File "convert_from.py", line 198, in <module>
File "convert_from.py", line 192, in main
File "convert_from.py", line 131, in process_profile
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\web\profiles\__init__.py o", line 93, in __init__
File "libprs500\ebooks\lrf\web\profiles\__init__.py o", line 127, in build_index
AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'keys'

thank you
Old 01-10-2008, 10:19 AM   #127
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh I'm sorry, what needs to be returned is a dictionary whose keys are feed titles (like Business, National News, etc) and whose values are athe list of dictionaries I mentioned before.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:15 AM   #128
shempe
shempe began at the beginning.

Device: Axim x51v and div. other / Sony PRS 505 / Nokia E51
Hi there

here is a quickndirty snippet from me

for germany heise newsticker

its working fine for me

Code:
import re

from libprs500.ebooks.lrf.web.profiles import DefaultProfile

class heise (DefaultProfile):

title = 'Heise Newsticker'
    max_recursions = 2
    use_pubdate = False
    no_stylesheets = True
    max_articles_per_feed = 30

preprocess_regexps = [ (re.compile(i[0], re.IGNORECASE | re.DOTALL), i[1]) for i in [
    (r'<!-- Site Navigation Bar -->.*?<title>', lambda match : '<title>'),
    (r'</title>.*?</head>', lambda match : '</title> </head>'),
    (r'<!-- allgemeine obere Navigation -->.*?</heisetext>', lambda match : ''),
    (r'<table.*?</table>', lambda match : ''),
    (r'<br clear="all".*?</body>', lambda match : '</div> </body>')
    ] ]

def get_feeds(self):
        return [ ('Heise Newsticker', 'http://www.heise.de/newsticker/heise.rdf') ]

def print_version(self, url): 
	        return url.replace('http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/', 'http://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/print/')
have fun
Stefan

Last edited by shempe; 01-11-2008 at 11:09 AM.
shempe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:22 AM   #129
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You should add it to https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net/wiki/UserProfiles so other people can find and use it. You'll need to create ana ccount and let me know the user name so I can give you write permission for the wiki.
Old 01-10-2008, 12:43 PM   #130
secretsubscribe
Enthusiast

The Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Oh I'm sorry, what needs to be returned is a dictionary whose keys are feed titles (like Business, National News, etc) and whose values are athe list of dictionaries I mentioned before.
Fantastic! It works. Just need to polish a few things as much as i currently am able and then I'll post the profile.

Finally being able the read the Nation every month and get the New York Times every morning adds so much value to my Sony Reader (I might be able to convince others to buy one.)

Thanks for all your work and help.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:42 AM   #131
shempe
shempe began at the beginning.

Device: Axim x51v and div. other / Sony PRS 505 / Nokia E51
New Profile Golem and Heise Updated

I posted a new profile for German Golem News and update my Heise Newsticker

look at:

Stefan
shempe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 03:05 PM   #132
cartz
Zealot
cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.cartz 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Inkpalm 5 Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by secretsubscribe View Post
Fantastic! It works. Just need to polish a few things as much as i currently am able and then I'll post the profile.
I look forward to your posting so I can use it as a template for a newspaper I'd like to get working. It has a text only edition of the paper that has an index page and all articles a single link from that. http://www.theage.com.au/text/

I know nothing of python or html and have tried experimenting but realize I need to see a working example from a non-RSS feed profile. Otherwise I think it should be quite simple because the layout of the text version of the paper is already very Sony reader friendly.

I don't have my Sony Reader yet. I ordered it yesterday (shipping to Australia) but figure trying to sort this out is a good way to pass my waiting time
cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:25 PM   #133
StDo
Translating Calibre...

Quote:
Originally Posted by shempe View Post
I posted a new profile for German Golem News and update my Heise Newsticker

look at:

Stefan
Super!

Nur weiter so! :-)

Magst du dich mal an die Sueddeutsche.de wagen...

Oder an fscklog.com oder mactechnews.de...
Old 01-16-2008, 05:39 AM   #134
slav
slav began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Hi All!

I have a problem converting one RSS feed - the problem is with &lt; and &gt; (feed is full of that).

I tried to write regex like:
Code:
(r'(&lt;)(.*?&gt;)', lambda match : '<code>' + match.group(1) + match.group(2) + '</code>'),
but it doesn't work (I'm not a regex wizard :-)

can anyone help me with that?

kovidgoyal - big thanx for your work on this program !
slav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:43 AM   #135
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

What's the problem with &lt; and &gt;? Are they not being converted correctly?

Tags
libprs500, web2lrf