Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-24-2011, 11:34 PM   #16
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
the only thing I regret about that book is not having read it much earlier.
It's a great piece of work, worth to be named with Asimov's best on the topic.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 08:17 PM   #17
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author
DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fujitsu P1510 ( Old & Clunky! )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
the only thing I regret about that book is not having read it much earlier.
It's a great piece of work, worth to be named with Asimov's best on the topic.
Thanks Freeshadow, the feedback is appreciated and I'm really glad you enjoyed it -

David.
DavidKitson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 07:16 AM   #18
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author
DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

1000 copies downloaded from Smashwords! My first milestone reached!

The first 600 went very quickly, but the remaining 400 slowed. Still, I'd really like to thank everyone who has left a review, both here and elsewhere. It's greatly appreciated.

Available here: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/34627
and the iBook store and Barnes and Noble ( search for Turing Evolved )

Thanks again to all the readers!
David

Also, got my first review on Smashwords, thankyou -

From Smashwords:
Review by: stano on Apr. 02, 2011 :
A few days ago there was lively discussion on Slashdot about an author that refused half a million bucks from a publisher and choose to publish his book as an indie e-book.
I have noticed a post by a fellow Slashdotter David Kitson, saying that he too has self-published an e-book, so I followed the link to have a look.
I loaded up the book to my ebook reader and opened it to check a few pages to see if I would put it on my ToBeRead list. Several pages later I was hooked, and my ToBeRead queue was entirely bypassed. That night I went to sleep much later that I planned.
On the very first page you are dumped straight into the action and you have to figure out what is going on. The situation is explained gradually and while author brings you up to speed it might seem that the book is going to progress peacefully, describing an interesting future. Do not be fooled. There are quite a few unexpected turns, lots of action, a bit of romance and quite a few nicely done combat scenes.

The book is very well written, the pace of action is just right. Author has lots of explaining to do, to describe his vision of future, but he doesn't let that interrupt the flow of book. There aren't many characters, but to me they look realistic. Turing Evolved reminds me of "The Otherland" by Tad Williams combined with Matrix and hard-core SF featuring railguns, Arfifficial Intelligence, anthropomorphic fighting machines, advanced immersible Virtual Reality and lots of kick-ass acronyms.

Technically the book was OK, I haven't noticed any formatting problems.

To my untrained eye it looks like the book is well proof-read and edited, but English is not my mother language. I have read well over a thousand books in English, but still ...

This is one of best books I have read recently.
(review of free book)
Old 04-03-2011, 02:22 PM   #19
sourcejedi
Groupie
sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sourcejedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android
Nitpick:

Quote:
So there I sat in the darkness of the cargo hold for three hours, struggling to breath.
/breathe/.
sourcejedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 02:49 PM   #20
Irian
Enthusiast
Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-600, PRS-650, Tolino Vision 3 HD, Kobo Libra H20
Read the first pages, starts promising, I've already put it on my reader, let's see when I'll have time to read the rest.
Irian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 02:27 AM   #21
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author

Another Review on B&N.

Latest review on Barnes and Noble -

Blueeyedkitten gave a 5-star review.
April 9, 2011, 11:55 AM EST: This book is a definate READ! I was hooked from the very start. and it was free. WIN WIN! MUST READ

Thankyou to all my reviewers. Every comment is appreciated deeply.

Regards
David
Old 04-12-2011, 04:18 PM   #22
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
i just noticed this thread and clicked the link.
downloaded it and will load onto my kobo.
thanks.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:56 PM   #23
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Got it! "Book Report" is coming. . .
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 06:22 PM   #24
Timoleon
Time Enough at Last
Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Timoleon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 3, iPhone 5, Kindle 3, Fire, Sony PRS-350
Finished it yesterday. Good book --- interested in what David has lined up for a sequel?
Timoleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:17 PM   #25
gstealer
gstealer is on a distinguished road

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, Nook Color (rooted)
I saw this thread while on a lunch at work. Had to go on my nook and download it.

I have to say its one of the best books I've read in a while.

The story sucked me in and I basically haven't put it down all day (yea I was bad and started to read it at work).

Great book and I'm looking forward to reading some more stories by you.
Thank you!
gstealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:33 PM   #26
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author

Thanks guys - that's really appreciated.

I noticed I received my shortest review ever today.

"Once read you'll probably ignore after although it's a good read."
http://blippy.com/-/1605864-turing-e...id-kitson-book

That was unexpected and I'm not quite sure what it means, though it seems positive.

Also, the book has now been released on Authonomy.
http://www.authonomy.com/books/32930/turing-evolved/

Regards
David
Old 04-17-2011, 03:25 AM   #27
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author

Another review on Barnes and Noble.

Another review has come up on Barnes and Noble.

Posted April 16, 2011, 2:53 AM EST: David Kitson does an excellent job of posing the questions of ethics, morality, and humanity; and at what point should an AI (artificial intelligence) be granted all the rights and responsibilities of a human. Even better, he does this along the lines of telling a quite excellent story, so you don't realize what he has done until you turn the last page of the book, and since you can't keep reading (although you'd really like to) you are left to reflect on what you have just read. I first started reading this book in the morning, and I didn't stop until I had finished it that same evening - it pulled me in that thoroughly and I never regretted it. - Adarajin
( 5 stars )

Thankyou so very much for the review. All reviews welcome.

Regards
David
Old 04-22-2011, 12:44 AM   #28
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author

Another review, this one on the Apple store.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/turi...16015173?mt=11

Fun read

by knerhood ( Four stars )
A fun read that kept me up till 4AM trying to finish. I got emotionally attached to the characters and I couldn't put it down because I wanted to know what happened next.

It could have some better proof reading as there were a number of typos throughout. However they didn't detract from story very much.

I'll be keeping an eye to see if the author writes any more stories in the universe he ha created.

Thankyou Knerhood.
Old 04-22-2011, 02:31 AM   #29
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Looks like you've done well with this story David. One of these days I'll get around to reading it.

My TBR list is pretty chaotic at the moment.

Regards
Caleb
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2011, 10:47 AM   #30
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Looks like you've done well with this story David. One of these days I'll get around to reading it.

My TBR list is pretty chaotic at the moment.

Regards
Caleb
Thanks Caleb, I look forward to hearing what you thought about it.

Another review has popped up on B&N -

Great book!
Customer Rating (5 stars)
Posted April 21, 2011, 8:03 PM EST: I was a little skeptical as the book was free. But, as soon as I started reading, I was hooked. Excellent, excellent book!

Happy easter all !

David

Tags
androids, artificial intelligence, asimov style, love story, science fiction, twist