Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-02-2014, 12:08 PM   #46
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
This should be interesting.

HarperCollins is buying Harlequin.
This is sad. HQ has been around for ever they don't need to be swallowed up as another imprint. It says they will remain different but for how long.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:09 PM   #47
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
For those of you who may not follow the Kobo thread, there's a few good deals [books for $.02] in India on books from Danielle Steel, James Patterson, Dan Brown etc.

ETA: The Fifty Shades Trilogy Bundle is also on sale for $.03

Last edited by Blue2u; 05-02-2014 at 03:17 PM.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 12:11 PM   #48
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Yeah, their website redisign is not good. Lots of broken links still.

Just click on any of the categories at the top (Historical, Paranormal, Contemporary, etc). Then on the new page the left sidebar should have a link "Featured eBooks"
I tried that and every time I add something to a cart to checkout, it tells me my cart is empty. I am even signed in at this point, still nada. I am thinking the links to get the books are not live yet somehow.
Why did they mess with it to the point that its so hard to use now. When they first started it all worked. Then they made it so you can buy the 6 pack whenever, taking away the feeling of a club and then they redesigned the site and now I can't even get one of the selections.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:21 PM   #49
JNCalif
Enthusiast
JNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watchJNCalif is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I tried that and every time I add something to a cart to checkout, it tells me my cart is empty. I am even signed in at this point, still nada. I am thinking the links to get the books are not live yet somehow.
Why did they mess with it to the point that its so hard to use now. When they first started it all worked. Then they made it so you can buy the 6 pack whenever, taking away the feeling of a club and then they redesigned the site and now I can't even get one of the selections.
I agree COMPLETELY and wrote a complaint. I did finally get the site to work by going to the Featured Books page, then clicking on the "more information" button for each book I wanted to buy. The links on each book's individual page *do* work. I then checked out after buying each individual book. Since I wanted four of this month's selections, it got tedious, but it worked.

They REALLY should have left well enough alone. The old site actually worked!!
JNCalif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 01:29 PM   #50
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNCalif View Post
I agree COMPLETELY and wrote a complaint. I did finally get the site to work by going to the Featured Books page, then clicking on the "more information" button for each book I wanted to buy. The links on each book's individual page *do* work. I then checked out after buying each individual book. Since I wanted four of this month's selections, it got tedious, but it worked.

They REALLY should have left well enough alone. The old site actually worked!!
This worked, thanks. I signed in, then went to the historical section which then let me see the side bar. I clicked on featured and tried one more time to add to cart from that page and checkout, doesn't work. I had to click on the book first to see it full description and there I had the large free for members button. I checked one out now finally. These are more steps than doing german taxes.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:24 PM   #51
mommyofkings
BookAdventurer
mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!mommyofkings will blow your mind, man!

Device: Kindle
The Scandal in Kissing an Heir is $0.99 from HarperCollins

Got a e-Newsletter today advising me that this book is on sale:

The Scandal in Kissing an Heir by Sophie Barnes

Lady Rebecca is determined to find a husband on her own terms, rather than marry any of the aging suitors her greedy aunt and uncle foist upon her. Her chance comes at the Kingsborough Ball, where she meets several potential grooms, yet no one compares to the dangerously handsome Daniel Neville. Notorious rake and heir to the Marquess of Wolvington, Daniel Neville is in need of a bride, but finding a lady who’s willing to accept his past is an entirely different matter. When he spies a stunning woman across the ballroom, Daniel believes he’s found her, until scandal erupts around them.

$0.99
Originally: $6.99

AMAZON(US) B&N APPLE
GOOGLE KOBO INDIEBOUND
mommyofkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 03:30 PM   #52
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Hard as You Can (Hard Ink #2) by Laura Kaye - $2.49
Kindle | Nook

Quote:
Ever since hard-bodied, drop-dead-charming Shane McCallan strolled into the dance club where Crystal Dean works, he's shown a knack for getting beneath her defenses. For her little sister's sake, Crystal can't get too close. Until her job and Shane's mission intersect, and he reveals talents that go deeper than she could have guessed.

Shane would never turn his back on a friend in need, especially a former Special Forces teammate running a dangerous, off-the-books operation. Nor can he walk away from Crystal. The gorgeous waitress is hiding secrets she doesn't want him to uncover. Too bad. He's exactly the man she needs to protect her sister, her life, and her heart. All he has to do is convince her that when something feels this good, you hold on as hard as you can--and never let go.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 05:24 PM   #53
pisceschick
Addict
pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pisceschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Classic Nook, Kindle Keyboard, Nexus 7
I'm really bummed about the Harper Collins/Harlequin thing. I use my good Kobo coupons on some of the monthly bundles. Drat!

If one were to want to, uh, travel at Kobo, how would one do so? PM is fine if it's a secret, unless it involves having a second account in which case I'll pass...
pisceschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:32 PM   #54
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Goodreads is not working for me, and hasn't for hours. Anyone else? I haven't tried the android app yet, just my pc.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 06:41 PM   #55
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Goodreads is not working for me, and hasn't for hours. Anyone else? I haven't tried the android app yet, just my pc.
Hasn't worked for me all day.

Around 8pm Mountain time it's back up.

Last edited by Blue2u; 05-02-2014 at 10:23 PM.
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:25 PM   #56
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
KyBunnies are you here? I need bunny help! Yes, I know, totally off topic. I just rescued a baby bunny from a cat. I've got it in a box in my guest room. What the heck do I do? Put it back out? I can't find the nest.
Spoiler:

S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:30 PM   #57
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nice paranormal bundle from Entangled for $0.99! Pre-Order 5/19

Tall, Dark and Deadly:Seven Bad Boys of Paranormal Romance
Kindle | Nook (hasn't dropped elsewhere yet but should)

Quote:
Tall, Dark, and Deadly: Seven Bad Boys of Paranormal Romance crackles with SEVEN full-length novels, featuring SEVEN of the baddest Bad Boys in Paranormal Romance. And each one of them knows how to make a woman swoon. Whether he’s a demon hunter, a vampire, or a supreme God, these bad boys will risk it all to be with the women they love. Get ready for a wild ride…

South of Surrender by New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author Laura Kaye
Hearts of the Anemoi #3
The charming and powerful God of the South Wind Chrysander Notos doesn’t know stubborn until he meets the insanely independent yet blind mortal Laney Summerlyn. After months of fighting a war with his brother, Chrys’s powers are drained and he’s forced to take refuge at Laney's farm. These two must find out what it means to rely on someone you love…before his brother finds them both.

Blood of the Demon by Rosalie Lario
Demons of Infernum #1
Interdimensional bounty hunter Keegan is determined to destroy his father. But when art gallery owner Brynn Meyers ends up on every demon’s Most Wanted List, including his father’s, he must harness the other half of his genetics—the far deadlier, uncontrollable half—to save the one woman standing between him and the vengeance he so desperately seeks.

Bittersweet Blood by Nina Croft
The Order #1
Vampire and ex-demon hunter Christian Roth is bad to the bone but trying to go straight. When Tara Collins hires him to solve the mystery of why everyone wants her dead, Christian can’t fight the pull back into his dark past. With a crazed demon hell-bent on revenge and a fae assassin on the loose, he’s going to need every dangerous idea he’s ever had to save the one woman he can’t live without.

Undying Destiny by Jessica Lee
The Enclave #1
Warrior Kenric St. James is out for revenge against his evil sire and her minions. But when Kenric meets Emily Ross, a woman he finally burns to claim as his own, he knows loving her means giving his sire another target. Now he must keep the hordes of evil vamps from stealing her very breath.

Night Walker by Lisa Kessler
Night #1
Calisto has no doubt mortal Kate Bradley is the reincarnation of his lost love, but the Fraternidad Del Fuego Santo has a new watcher with dark ambitions of his own. As old enemies re-emerge and a new threat arises, the betrayal that enslaved Calisto to the night might destroy the only woman he’s ever loved again.

Shield of Fire by Boone Brux
Bringer and the Bane #1
When Rhys realizes the woman he’s just rescued from a powerful demon is no mere human, he must protect and train her. He’s pulled to explore a passion too powerful to ignore, but surrendering to his need for her may mean her death.

Deep in Crimson by Sarah Gilman
Return to Sanctuary #2
Kidnapped by humans and raised in a research facility, Jett, now free and caught between two worlds, will do anything to bring his captor to justice. To succeed, he must overcome the lies from his past and join forces with the demon Lexine. Irresistible attraction grows between them, but if Jett goes through the all-consuming process of becoming a Guardian, he may forfeit any chance they have of being together.

Last edited by apesmom; 05-02-2014 at 08:42 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:46 PM   #58
apesmom
Wizard

On sale from Avon, recent release (3/25)

Three Weeks With Lady X (Desperate Duchesses #7) by Eloisa James - $2.99
Kindle | Nook

Quote:
Having made a fortune, Thorn Dautry, the powerful bastard son of a duke, decides that he needs a wife. But to marry a lady, Thorn must acquire a gleaming, civilized façade, the specialty of Lady Xenobia India.

Exquisite, headstrong, and independent, India vows to make Thorn marriageable in just three weeks.

But neither Thorn nor India anticipate the forbidden passion that explodes between them.

Thorn will stop at nothing to make India his. Failure is not an option. But there is only one thing that will make India his.

The one thing Thorn can't afford to lose--his fierce and lawless heart.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:55 PM   #59
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverraven View Post
KyBunnies are you here? I need bunny help! Yes, I know, totally off topic. I just rescued a baby bunny from a cat. I've got it in a box in my guest room. What the heck do I do? Put it back out? I can't find the nest.
Spoiler:

S
Sent you a pm
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:19 PM   #60
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Freebie preorder (May 29th) historical romance novella from Harper Impulse...

Capturing the Earl's Love by Jane Lark
Quote:
This novella tells the story of secondary characters from The
Illicit Love of a Courtesan
Rupert Stanforth, Earl of Morton, is exasperated by his sister's choice
of friend. Meredith Divine, clings, using Rowena's plain appearance as a foil for
her auburn curls and fuller figure. He would break the friendship, but the more
he complains the more time the girls spend together. Ceasing his disagreement,
he hopes the friendship will die, believing Meredith will take a wrong-step
soon...

Meredith clings to her only friend, Lady Rowena Stanforth,
despite the disgusted looks thrown by Rowena's proud, judgemental brother. Lord
Morton cannot abide Meredith because of her low standing but Meredith's heart favours
him... then in his single act of kindness, Meredith grasps an opportunity she
cannot resist...
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote