Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-09-2013, 06:06 AM   #1591
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatran View Post
I need little help from users of Onyx Boox M92 "black edition" (bought through Artatech).
I updated to latest artatech's firmware 20131018 without problem.
I wanted to use booxtor's updates, therefore I installed
M92 Unlocker (by seaniko7)

However, now it is not possible to get M92 to update ANY firmware (I have tried booxtor's 2013-07-17, booxtor's 2013-12-04, artatech's 20131129). M92 just says "no update found" and I must reset it 2 times to continue in normal work.

Could you help me to revert my M92 to initial state? I need a copy of update kernel from original M92 "black edition" (it is 3MB of memory overwritten by unlocker and I made backup of wrong part of memory). Please run the script copy_updatekernel_to_sd.oar
from SD card of your M92 "black edition" and send me the resulting file "copy_of_updatekernel.img" (written to folder / on your SD card).

The script contains command:
dd if=/dev/mmcblk0 of=/media/sd/copy_of_updatekernel.img bs=512 skip=12288 count=5857
which skips 12288 blocks of memory and copies next 5857 blocks to ouput file.

Peter
Try to update using MFG Tool: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...50_UPDATER.rar
Instruction is inside of archiv. Don't forget to backup your content - MFG tools installation formates the internal memory, so everything will be deleted.

Last edited by Booxtor; 12-09-2013 at 06:10 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:21 PM   #1592
fatran
fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Onyx M92
Thank you Waldemar. If nobody responds to my request, the MFG will be the next solution. Overwriting just those 3MB in memory (manipulated by unlocker) is simpler solution for me - no need to backup TTS voice files and so on.
fatran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #1593
Dolansky
Groupie
Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.Dolansky is less competitive than you.

Device: HannsPad.10'.&.IQ(Farbinhalte), PB903,M92(Fachbuch), Kindle3
one fix in the new firmware 20131204 is the use of the virtual Keyboard on Google Search. It doesn't worked in the previous Firmware with the beta Multitasking Patch.

Last edited by Dolansky; 12-10-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Dolansky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #1594
fatran
fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.fatran can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

When I decide to use the MFG, what firmware will I get?

I suppose, that MFG will result in the firmware in my M92 "black pearl" overwritten by booxtor's firmware. Then, I will be able to use booxtor's updates and won't be able to use artatech updates anymore.
Correct?
Old 12-11-2013, 01:41 PM   #1595
maxlauhk
Enthusiast
maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Onyx BOOX T68, M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Try to update using MFG Tool: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...50_UPDATER.rar
Instruction is inside of archiv. Don't forget to backup your content - MFG tools installation formates the internal memory, so everything will be deleted.
Hi Booxtor, I also tried to flash my M92 with MGF you uploaded. But I failed and got this message Updater Error 0xffff0000 (-65536) - . Now the M92 cannot even power up.. The device is now recognized as Linux File-Stor Gadget USB Device by mgftool..

Can you advise me what to do.. thanks a lot for your help

Max
maxlauhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #1596
lichunter
lichunter began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Has anybody known the release log of this update...?
Is it worthy to install?
lichunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #1597
maxlauhk
Enthusiast
maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.maxlauhk has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxlauhk View Post
Hi Booxtor, I also tried to flash my M92 with MGF you uploaded. But I failed and got this message Updater Error 0xffff0000 (-65536) - . Now the M92 cannot even power up.. The device is now recognized as Linux File-Stor Gadget USB Device by mgftool..

Can you advise me what to do.. thanks a lot for your help

Max
Problem solved.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:24 PM   #1598
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxlauhk View Post
Problem solved.
I'm happy for you, but if you said "how", it could be useful for someone :-)
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #1599
maxlauhk
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
I'm happy for you, but if you said "how", it could be useful for someone :-)
Hi Randy11,

Indeed it was nothing technical. I just wait overnight and redid the procedures in the guidance given in the mfgtool folder...

I did not know why it worked
Old 12-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #1600
edmond
Enthusiast
edmond began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox C65 AG
Boxtor, first congratulations for your family. I am impressed that with 7 sons you still have some spare time to work!
And best wishes for your health.

Finally, many thanks for the new firmware: I just installed it and it seems to work fine. And multitasking is simply FANTASTIC!
edmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #1601
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmond
Hi Randy11,

Indeed it was nothing technical. I just wait overnight and redid the procedures in the guidance given in the mfgtool folder...

I did not know why it worked
Always take a good night of sleep, it's resolve the problems :-)

Thanks for the answer.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 06:14 PM   #1602
maxlauhk
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Always take a good night of sleep, it's resolve the problems :-)

Thanks for the answer.
wish everything is so simple
Old 12-14-2013, 08:22 AM   #1603
fatran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
I updated Artatech's M92 "black pearl" with MFG tool and it overwrites memory with booxtor's firmware 2013-07-17. Now, I am not able to update to Artatech's firmware, but I don't regret.

The only advantage of Artatech's firmware is TTS (text-to-speech) Ivona (polish, german, english voices, each occuping ~400 MB memory). TTS of booxtor's firmware has unnatural, robotic, voices (one voice occupying ~1.5 MB). The promised, and still missing Acapella TTS sounds as good as Ivona and has more voice languages.

Despite the TTS, booxtor's firmware is more usable than Artatech's one. Artatech's firmware, even in 2013-11-29, still has a power management problems connected with the use of dictionary and Collreader3. Another example are e-book thumbnails - the booxtor's firmware has consistent behaviour of thumbnail creation (in Adobe PDF viewer, Coolreader, FBreader). Moreover, the new booxtor's update 2013-12-04 includes multitasking (it works perfect), and a new Adobe PDF viewer (with "odd even" margin).

The only bugs I have found in 2013-12-04 firmware:
- e-pub hyperlinks don't work in Coolreader (it just jumps to page+1)
- djvu_viewer doesn't create thumbnail of ebook

Last edited by fatran; 12-14-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #1604
hakanus
hakanus began at the beginning.

Device: icarus excel
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatran View Post
Now, I am not able to update to Artatech's firmware, but I don't regret.
actually, it should be possible to re-install artatech's firmware by using seaniko's unlocker
hakanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:26 AM   #1605
fatran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakanus View Post
actually, it should be possible to re-install artatech's firmware by using seaniko's unlocker
No, it is not possible. I have tried it before (see above).