Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 02-01-2014, 08:46 AM   #1
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
regex in calibre editor

I am having trouble getting regex shown in other sections of mobileread to work in the editor. I doubt it is a fault of the editor, but just a flavor that doesn't match up.

I am trying to capitalize a lower case letter in the middle of a name, such as Charles r. Hansen.

using (space)\U\1(space) in replace gives an error.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:04 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
I am having trouble getting regex shown in other sections of mobileread to work in the editor. I doubt it is a fault of the editor, but just a flavor that doesn't match up.

I am trying to capitalize a lower case letter in the middle of a name, such as Charles r. Hansen.

using (space)\U\1(space) in replace gives an error.
What is your Capture?
remember to escape the period: <space>([a-z]\.)<space>
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2014, 10:39 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
\U is not supported by the regex engine the editor uses. In an upcoming release, I will be adding the ability to define actual functions as the replacement text which will allow you to do all sorts of sophisticated text processing. Uppercasing being just one of them.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote