Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-27-2012, 09:01 AM   #226
mackin89
mackin89 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynet_Italy View Post
I have found myself a rustling durations the initiation of an application.

The rustling increases if is activated SRS.
Disappears if the volume is set to zero.

I only hear when there is a absolute silence.

It seems to be a software problem or shielding of the audio circuit.

My Kobo has the last update. I pacerebbe check if with the old version the problem disappear. But reconfigure everything i convenient
Yeah has to be silent for me to hear the whirring, one observation the keyboard pops up with quite a significant delay on certain occasions any one seen similar issues
mackin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:23 AM   #227
johnborsellino
johnborsellino began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch and Arc
I finally picked up a 64GB Arc on boxing day, and received a free Kobo mini which I gave to my teenage daughter, I have been using it lots the last 2 days and am totally pleased with its features and perfomance!

John,
Kobo Touch fan
johnborsellino is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #228
Red MH
Red MH began at the beginning.

Bought the Kobo Arc two weeks ago. On the whole, love the device.
However, I have to say, very disappointed with the battery life on this. Is it just me or is the battery life nowhere near as advertized? Other niggles include not being able to access the BBC iPlayer app and Skype app failing to open. Would welcome any insight/feedback on this....
Red MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #229
stevov
Groupie
stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stevov ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus Fonepad,kobo arc,htc onex, htc titan
Flash is working fine for me but i player won't open for me either. loads and tries to launch for a split second then goes to a black screen with no sound. Typical BBC half a job
stevov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #230
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red MH View Post
However, I have to say, very disappointed with the battery life on this. Is it just me or is the battery life nowhere near as advertized?
Unless I'm streaming videos or playing heavier games (eg, Jetpack Joyride) for extended periods, I only need to plug in at night, before I head to bed (though, more usually, I plug in when using it during the hour or so before bed as my best chair's beside an outlet). That's with keeping the wi-fi on. No big deal.

Quote:
Other niggles include not being able to access the BBC iPlayer app and Skype app failing to open.
Lack of BBC iPlayer is most likely due to the lack of a GPS in the Arc, so nothing anyone can suggest. Skype works fine for me - opening, sitting in the background, waiting for calls, and while in active use - so no suggestions on that, other than maybe to swipe away stuff from the recents list and making sure you aren't being overloaded with running tasks...
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #231
Red MH
Red MH began at the beginning.

Thanks for your feedback. It would be nice to get Skype to work, but it is not a hugely important thing. This is our first tablet so some understandable niggles, I suppose early on. I must admit I was hoping that battery life would be a little better. It seems to go down very quick.

One other question: We set up email OK on it, but when we switch the device on again, old emails have disappeared. Any ideas as to what causes this?
Red MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:34 PM   #232
ns_angela
ns_angela began at the beginning.

I generally use email on my laptop but have tried the email apps on the Arc. Problem being....there doesn't seem to be a way to log out of the email apps. Things just didn't seem right if I were checking email in both spots. I use yahoo mail so found it easiest to use a browser on the Arc and sign in and log out just like I do on the laptop. Then things are always constant.

I too have noticed the battery life isn't what I thought it would be but I'm still happy with my first tablet choice being the Arc. I didn't expect to be charging as much for just reading. Maybe I should have the wifi turned off tho? That would probably make a difference.
ns_angela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:19 PM   #233
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns_angela View Post
I too have noticed the battery life isn't what I thought it would be but I'm still happy with my first tablet choice being the Arc. I didn't expect to be charging as much for just reading. Maybe I should have the wifi turned off tho? That would probably make a difference.
Well, wi-fi is generally listed as around 30-35% of battery consumption, with the screen a close second, depending on how bright you normally keep it.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #234
asphodeli
asphodeli began at the beginning.

Quote:
Thanks for your feedback. It would be nice to get Skype to work, but it is not a hugely important thing. This is our first tablet so some understandable niggles, I suppose early on. I must admit I was hoping that battery life would be a little better. It seems to go down very quick.

One other question: We set up email OK on it, but when we switch the device on again, old emails have disappeared. Any ideas as to what causes this?
Hello,

Skype wasn't working for me either. I got it working by uninstalling and then re-installing it. Hope that helps.
asphodeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:49 AM   #235
jameskyle
jameskyle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc, Touch
Hello, please can anyone point me to some advice for my arc?

I am trying to view html pages offline (my study lectures are html files with links and I want to read them on my commute) but the arc won't let me view them with the wifi switched off. I have a feeling I am missing something REALLY obvious!
Cheers, James
jameskyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #236
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The best idea might be to convert the pages to an ePub and use those.

One VERY easy way (if you use FireFox) is to install the plugin called GrabMyBooks http://www.grabmybooks.com/ which will either take the entire page or a selection of it, and add it to an ePub. Then when you have all you want in the book, you can download the ePub.

Of course this would be done from a PC and then you would just need to send the ePub to the Arc.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:49 PM   #237
coreslogic
coreslogic began at the beginning.

Unless I continuously play NFS for hours, battery is pretty good otherwise.

What I also do is to make WiFi turned off when the device is sleeping unless plugged-in.

Quote:
Bought the Kobo Arc two weeks ago. On the whole, love the device.
However, I have to say, very disappointed with the battery life on this. Is it just me or is the battery life nowhere near as advertized? Other niggles include not being able to access the BBC iPlayer app and Skype app failing to open. Would welcome any insight/feedback on this....
coreslogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #238
mr_nihilism
Always been the caretaker
mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr_nihilism ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameskyle View Post
Hello, please can anyone point me to some advice for my arc?

I am trying to view html pages offline (my study lectures are html files with links and I want to read them on my commute) but the arc won't let me view them with the wifi switched off. I have a feeling I am missing something REALLY obvious!
Cheers, James
I'm sure someone here knows better, but from what I know, it's easy enough to read webpages offline using the Browser as I've done it enough times. I'm not so sure about being able to use the links on a webpage if you're offline though....
mr_nihilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:33 AM   #239
jameskyle
jameskyle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc, Touch
Thanks Peter - I will give it a go to see if it works with my files!
jameskyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #240
natsume
natsume began at the beginning.

Device: kobo arc
Kobo book wishlist

is it possible to add a book in the Kobo bookstore to a 'wishlist' without joining Pinterest?
natsume is offline   Reply With Quote