Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-14-2011, 06:23 AM   #1
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
le tour

Are there any other tour tragics out there? Gee it's hard work staying up till midnight every night to cheers them on.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:30 AM   #2
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
I gave up watching a couple of years ago when doping was no secret anymore

A girl has to have some illusions left

The moment it is no sport but an ad for the pharma companies, I am no longer interested. Same happend for me with swimming at the last Olympic games.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2011, 06:30 AM   #3
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Ah, great, finally a thread about le tour!
It's a little bit easier to follow it here in Germany as they reach their destination between 5 and 6 pm. Nice stage today!
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:38 AM   #4
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post

The moment it is no sport but an ad for the pharma companies, I am no longer interested. Same happend for me with swimming at the last Olympic games.

Not our Cadel !!!!
Old 07-14-2011, 07:07 AM   #5
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
To day something could happen. Finally the mountains. You know that you can follow it in direct and here.

JEAN-FRANÇOIS PESCHEUX’S ANALYSIS : Summit finish in the high mountains

“The race’s first major climb, the Hourquette d’Ancizan, an off-shoot of the Aspin, makes its first appearance on the Tour. The riders then head onto the Tourmalet. They descend off that and finish with the climb to Luz-Ardiden, which has not featured in the race since 2003. That year, Armstrong crashed after colliding with a spectator, bringing Mayo down with him. Everyone waited for him, then his foot slipped out of his pedal. But in the end the American dropped all of his rivals and went on to win the stage and give himself a bit of breathing space in the yellow jersey. Following this stage, which is a long one at 209km, the overall classification will become a bit clearer and more structured.”

Last edited by beppe; 07-14-2011 at 07:12 AM.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2011, 07:58 AM   #6
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

BTW. I just bought the ipad application. neat.
Old 07-14-2011, 08:08 AM   #7
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post

Unfortunately that has become true about just any sport. I used to pay attention to baseball record breaking until it became all about who took the right mix of drugs.

I still find Le Tour fun to watch and exciting to follow.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:34 PM   #8
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
Ah, me and Bradley Wiggins both with broken collarbones as a result of falling off our bikes...all we can do is watch
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:43 PM   #9
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

I was not able to see the arrival. Who looks strong?
Old 07-14-2011, 03:47 PM   #10
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
I quit cable tv a while back so I am watching the tour on the computer via the All Access Pass that is available here in the states. I do not have a chance to watch it live because I am at work. I follow a lot of the bikers on Twitter so these days I stay off Twitter until after I watch the replay so I do not know who won.
Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 03:48 PM   #11
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
I was not able to see the arrival. Who looks strong?
The Schleck brothers came in 3rd and 6th today, and I wouldn't be surprised if they work their way to the front over the next week.
Old 07-14-2011, 07:23 PM   #12
amward
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
Ah, me and Bradley Wiggins both with broken collarbones as a result of falling off our bikes...all we can do is watch
I'm sure you'd be up there with the best of them otherwise

Not sure if Andy is doing as well as last year when Contador cheated on him.
Cadel is still up there so I have high hopes. (But I am a Dockers supporter which according to a lot of people means I have unrealistic expectations) BTW The Dockers are a local AFL team
Old 07-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #13
amward
Wizard

What a race!!! go Thor.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:30 AM   #14
TGS
Country Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
What a race!!! go Thor.
Spectacular...can't help feeling a bit sorry for Roy though.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:45 AM   #15
amward
Wizard

Me too, but you've gotta hand it to the big fella, he's not supposed to be a climber. I'd better get to bed to keep up my strength for tomorrow.