Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-15-2010, 07:40 AM   #1
apple101
apple101 began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG
Question Power button problem with RC2 firmware

I encountered a random bug with RC2 firmware. Sometimes I need to turn the power button twice to turn on or off the device. Is there anyone here who could confirm this problem?
apple101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 07:59 AM   #2
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
I haven't seen that issue.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2010, 04:22 PM   #3
dynamike
Enthusiast
dynamike began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG, PRS-505
I've seen this once or twice but cannot recall if the first time it happened was before or after the upgrade to RC2.
dynamike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 04:41 PM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I like to turn the device off (really we're just putting it into sleep mode) while it's charging. I don't really know why, just makes me feel better I guess. The default behavior I've seen is that when you connect the charger it automatically turns the device on. Usually it takes me a couple tries to get it to turn off again while it's plugged in. Not sure why, but it's done that ever since the original firmware. Usually the first time it'll just flash the screen but come right back on. The second time it'll go off (sleep) and stay there. Maybe there's a reason it does that though.

I don't remember seeing this happen without being connected to the charger.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:33 AM   #5
Gertjan
ex-IRX developer
Gertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litterGertjan doesn't litter

Device: Irex DR800S, DR1000S, iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
The default behavior I've seen is that when you connect the charger it automatically turns the device on. Usually it takes me a couple tries to get it to turn off again while it's plugged in. Not sure why, but it's done that ever since the original firmware.
When you connect USB, the device tries to determine if you hooked up a PC or an wall charger. During this time (about 10 seconds), the device cannot be switched off (suspend). In case you attached to a PC, it will connect automatically. If you've connected a wall charger, it will charge a bit quicker when switched off.
Gertjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-16-2010, 10:40 AM   #6
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
@apple101
I don't think the power button is instantaneous - in the sense that it seems to take a second or so to register the switching to suspend mode. Of course, the problem is that if you hold the power button to the left for too long the unit will reboot.

@Shaggy
Does the unit go into suspend mode automatically when it's charging - after the usual 30 mins or so of inactivity?
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 01:08 PM   #7
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gertjan View Post
When you connect USB, the device tries to determine if you hooked up a PC or an wall charger. During this time (about 10 seconds), the device cannot be switched off (suspend). In case you attached to a PC, it will connect automatically. If you've connected a wall charger, it will charge a bit quicker when switched off.
Thank you! I suspected there was a reason for it, but it's good to understand what it's doing. That makes a lot of sense, now that you explain it.

In my case, I charge off of the wall charger. That explains why it takes a couple tries before it will let me turn it off.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:00 PM   #8
Shaggy
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
@Shaggy
Does the unit go into suspend mode automatically when it's charging - after the usual 30 mins or so of inactivity?
I think so, but I'd want to test it again before saying for sure. I almost always suspend it manually when I'm charging. I think I left it alone once to check for the automatic suspend, and I think it did, but I can't remember for sure.