Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 04:57 AM   #16
mshnryman
mshnryman began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch, Nook Simple Touch, Kindle 2, Nook 1st Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
That is the standard calibre cover flow, find the three icons on the bottom right next to Jobs and click the center icon to toggle the cover flow on or off.
lol I have used Calibre for YEARS and I haven't clicked that button once. Awesome...thanks!
mshnryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:37 AM   #17
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mshnryman View Post
Awesome...thanks!
You're Welcome. I'm always stumbling over something I never paid attention to.

The other two icons down there show and hide the Tag Browser and the Book Details area.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 05:44 AM   #18
mshnryman

Quote:
You're Welcome. I'm always stumbling over something I never paid attention to.

The other two icons down there show and hide the Tag Browser and the Book Details area.
Lots of good "hidden" features.

Now just looking for the "missing" feature of .docx conversion...that would be nice to have in a future update, it would be nice doing all my ebook work in calibre.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:53 AM   #19
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
Quote:
May someone can write an expression that breaks on the second space from the end. This way most authors would split correctly because they are two word names.
This should work for this use.

Set the regex to
Code:
(?P<title>.+) (?P<author>.+ .+)
Hope that works for you.

Edit: This will only work for authors with two names, not ones with three, such as Dr. or Jnr. etc.

Last edited by Perkin; 12-28-2011 at 06:55 AM.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:06 AM   #20
mshnryman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkin View Post
This should work for this use.

Set the regex to
Code:
(?P<title>.+) (?P<author>.+ .+)
Hope that works for you.

Edit: This will only work for authors with two names, not ones with three, such as Dr. or Jnr. etc.
Thank you for the code!

I just finished manually adding all my docx files to calibre, but I tested your regex suggestion, and it appears to work perfectly! I'll definitely use that in the future whenever I'm bringing more docx files into calibre. Thanks a lot for your help!
Advert