Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-08-2012, 11:56 PM   #9526
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Yes, that is why I hinted the answer is not 64.
Chessboard is lost, and trying to abstractly count is hurting my brain.

Going to do it in excel.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:01 AM   #9527
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Oh man! I thought I had it then forgot about all the overlapping ones.
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 03:20 AM   #9528
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
If you can redraw lines and not use the same block lines?
*I'm sure there is an algebraic equation or something for this, but a pencil and paper works too. A pen didn't work too well with this.*

board of 8x8 = 1
blocks of 7 x 7 = (2x2) = 4
blocks of 6 x 6 = (3x3) = 9
blocks of 5 x 5 = (4x4) = 16
blocks of 4 x 4 = (5x5) = 25
blocks of 3 x 3 = (6x6) = 36
blocks of 2 x 2 = (7x7) = 49
blocks of 1 x 1 = 64

total = 204?
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:50 AM   #9529
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I think dreams has the answer to Fbone's quicky. (At least, it looks right to me.)

A quick riddle. No doubt it will pose no problem to you lot.

We are little creatures;
all of us have different features.
One of us in glass is set;
one of us you'll find in jet.
Another you may see in tin,
and the fourth is boxed within .
If the fifth you should pursue,
it can never fly from you.
What are we?
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:51 AM   #9530
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

vowels?
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 05:01 AM   #9531
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakySnake View Post
vowels?
Yes. I thought that might be quick! I'll make it a fiendish maths problem next time!

Ok, over to you, SneakySnake.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #9532
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
If you can redraw lines and not use the same block lines?
*I'm sure there is an algebraic equation or something for this, but a pencil and paper works too. A pen didn't work too well with this.*

board of 8x8 = 1
blocks of 7 x 7 = (2x2) = 4
blocks of 6 x 6 = (3x3) = 9
blocks of 5 x 5 = (4x4) = 16
blocks of 4 x 4 = (5x5) = 25
blocks of 3 x 3 = (6x6) = 36
blocks of 2 x 2 = (7x7) = 49
blocks of 1 x 1 = 64

total = 204?
Correct!

Well done.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #9533
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Yay! I was tired drawing and erasing lines, but didn't want to give up. By the time I did the first three, I could see a pattern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Yes. I thought that might be quick! I'll make it a fiendish maths problem next time!
Ouch, those are hard. I have a feeling I need to brush up on my maths and need to check out the Khan Academy.
Quote:
Ok, over to you, SneakySnake.
Congrats, SS.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #9534
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

please somebody else go - e.g. dreams.

i don't have a Q and I am going out shortly.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:10 PM   #9535
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I'll throw out a quickie...

There is one vegetable that can be found in approximately 98% of all prepared/packaged/canned foods in one form or another. Name that vegetable!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #9536
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I'll throw out a quickie...

There is one vegetable that can be found in approximately 98% of all prepared/packaged/canned foods in one form or another. Name that vegetable!

Stitchawl
Corn? Or maize as it is sometimes known.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:29 PM   #9537
Daithi
Publishers are evil!
Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Daithi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Kindles
I'm going to guess wheat because I believe it is just as much a vegetable as corn.

Last edited by Daithi; 10-09-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Daithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #9538
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!

carrots?
Old 10-09-2012, 07:55 PM   #9539
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Brussels sprouts?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:06 PM   #9540
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
onion?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote