Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #76
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I wouldn't say that Kennyc, especially as I'd also call it a deep fat fryer and I know I'm not that old yet.
Maybe you are delusional.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #77
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Maybe you are delusional.
Could be, but then would I know? Seriously I turn 42 on Wed (the 12th) so I'm a tween again. Too old to be a teenager and not old enough to be a senior (yet).
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #78
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hey thats a speial day wow! 12/12/12!!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 01:33 AM   #79
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
The Mayans are coming, the Mayans are coming!!!
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:26 AM   #80
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
That's just an old wyves tale.
Advert
Old 12-11-2012, 05:47 AM   #81
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
That's just an old wyves tale.
So it should be your league ...

tell us about, please
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:15 AM   #82
kennyc

I say wrap your ebooks in Mayan Calendars, you can't go wrong that way.

Old 12-11-2012, 06:18 AM   #83
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Not for at least another nine days after. :lol:
Old 12-11-2012, 06:22 AM   #84
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Yep. The last time this century that the Day, Month and Year will be the same. The only way it could be better would be if I was turning 12 then. Alas I celebrated that birthday back in 1982. Ah well, we didn't have ebook readers back then or sophisticated message boards like MR back then either.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:08 AM   #85
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Could be, but then would I know? Seriously I turn 42 on Wed (the 12th) so I'm a tween again. Too old to be a teenager and not old enough to be a senior (yet).
Happy Birthday!!!
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #86
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
I really don't like giving ebooks/movies/music as gifts, even a £X voucher doesn't sit well with me. If I'm going to give someone 30 amazon or itunes voucher, I may as well give them it in cash so they're not tied to those two stores to spend it on and, well, giving cash for a present feels cheap* even if it amounts to more money than the actual gift I end up giving

Still, I'm much happier getting a CD or BluRay for Christmas than a digital version since it's trivial to rip to stick on a home server or pop into my itunes library and I get the advantage of a lossless rip leaving room for conversion to future codecs without loss. Something I couldn't do with a digital download gift and mainly, it's still nice to unwrap something**

For books though, I don't really want people to buy me books anymore (physical) as I'm 100% ebook now and for similar reasons as I gave, people don't want to buy me ebooks as a gift. So books are now no longer used for presents.

I wonder if that's a common trend? I think it's something that will go away in time though, giving gift certificates/vouchers or even arranging ebook delivery to occur on Christmas day with a special message will become as accepted as a gift under the tree. It'll take time though, we hold onto traditions and unwrapping something physical will take a long time to change***

* before I'm ripped to pieces, it's IMHO only. I'm not saying it IS cheap, but I don't like giving it, I like to find something i know the person will enjoy and give that instead. It's partly how I feel and also the people I'm giving to. Just to be clear, i'm not saying others who give gift certs are been cheap etc.

** Oddly, I have no issue giving a "ticket" to some event such as Disney on Ice.

*** For the majority, I'm sure there are people on here and elsewhere who've already switched

Last edited by JoeD; 12-11-2012 at 09:28 AM.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:28 AM   #87
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
12/ 21 /12
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 04:50 AM   #88
applesauce
Addict
applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.applesauce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle oasis
I brought my sister an ereader and loaded it up with books for christmas. I am more than likely going to get it thrown at me christmas morning as she turns her nose up at non paper books. But she loves true crime, and these are impossible to get books in paper so she will just have to suck it up hehehehe

applesauce
applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:43 AM   #89
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
I brought my sister an ereader and loaded it up with books for christmas. I am more than likely going to get it thrown at me christmas morning as she turns her nose up at non paper books. But she loves true crime, and these are impossible to get books in paper so she will just have to suck it up hehehehe

applesauce
If she's a reader and loves reading, she'll love it and you in no time.
Old 12-14-2012, 03:41 PM   #90
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by applesauce View Post
I did the same for my sis for her birthday. She's never stopped talking about it...she emails me and never fails to mention how much she's enjoying her 'Nook'. She used to practically live at the library, but now she doesn't miss DTB's at all.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote