Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-08-2011, 05:31 PM   #1
cmroanirgo
cmroanirgo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Kindle Annotation management on changing book

Hi,

I generally read documents that are converted from a PDF that I use calibre to convert to mobi format (via epub and 'tweak epub'). I love it. It works great.

The problem is that every time I tweak a book (because of minor issues) and send it to the device, I lose all notes, highlights and last page read.

I have been playing around with the Fetching Annotation stuff as written here: Fetching Annotations

Unfortunately, after resending an updated book to my device and then saving the MBP back, kindle still insists that I read from page 1 and lose my notes and marks.

Have I missed something?

PS: Yes, I realise that it _could_ be possible to have notes and marks move around, but in my case I always tweak where I am currently reading and earlier parts of the book remain unchanged....so I assume those earlier bookmarks should be safe. I would also MUCH prefer to have a highlighted region a little 'off', than losing them altogether!
cmroanirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 06:50 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmroanirgo View Post
Have I missed something?
I wish I had better news, but I don't think you're missing anything. This is not a supported feature of calibre and the person who created it no longer has a Kindle so there will be no updates anytime soon.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert