Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 09-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #1
Zenphobia
Zenphobia began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
DOCTYPE ERROR

Hi everyone. I am a bit of a noob, so thank you for going easy on me and for helping me.

PROBLEM:

I created a media rich ePub with inDesign following a Lynda.com tutorial and I get:

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu3.epub/OEBPS/toc.ncx: External DTD entities are not allowed. Remove the DOCTYPE.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu3.epub/OEBPS/toc.ncx: External DTD entities are not allowed. Remove the DOCTYPE.

When I remove the DOCTYPE line, I get a ton of errors in the file.

METHOD:

-Created ePub in Design, relatively simple layout with the exception of multiple mp4 files and a fair amount of hyperlinks.
-Exported to ePub 3
-Used pagina EPUB-Checker to validate
-Received above error
-Attempted to remove DOCTYPE line in Sigil. When I do, the file generates a slew of new errors.

Here is the DOCTYPE line from my toc.ncx:

<!DOCTYPE ncx PUBLIC "-//NISO//DTD ncx 2005-1//EN"
"http://www.daisy.org/z3986/2005/ncx-2005-1.dtd">

EXPECTED:

I simply want to get the ePub validated so that I can move on to distribution.

PLATFORM:

Software and such:
Windows
InDesign (latest)
pagina EPUB-Checker
Sigil

ADDITIONAL INFO:

My ePub is too large too attach here, but I can provide a dropbox or a Google Drive invitation if having the file itself would help.
Zenphobia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #2
DomesticExtremis
Addict
DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DomesticExtremis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: default
Here's the first few lines from one of my epubs:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
<ncx xmlns="http://www.daisy.org/z3986/2005/ncx/" version="2005-1">

Perhaps you have standalone="yes" in your first line?
DomesticExtremis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2013, 09:04 AM   #3
Zenphobia

Nope. Mine has standalone set to no, just like yours.
Old 09-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #4
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenphobia View Post
Nope. Mine has standalone set to no, just like yours.
Does the .ncx file contain any named entities other than the predefined XML entities?

For example, &emdash; or &rsquo;?
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:59 AM   #5
Zenphobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Does the .ncx file contain any named entities other than the predefined XML entities?

For example, &emdash; or &rsquo;?
How would I go about checking for something like that?
Advert
Old 09-20-2013, 11:16 AM   #6
Zenphobia

I thought I should clarify: No, the toc.ncx does not have the entities that you listed. Are there others I should check for?
Old 09-20-2013, 11:30 AM   #7
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Any, except &amp; &lt; &gt; &apos; &quot;. Only those are predefined.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #8
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenphobia View Post
Are there others I should check for?
Any undefined entity might cause error messages, therefore it couldn't hurt to search for ampersands in your .ncx file.
To further narrow down the error, it'd be helpful, if you posted the first 10 lines of the .ncx file (up to <navmap>).
Old 09-20-2013, 12:11 PM   #9
Zenphobia

I will look for ampersands. In the meantime, here is everything up to <navmap>.

Thank you so much for your help.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
<head>
<meta content="urn:uuid:2b3662a1-6f7b-433b-8caf-ee9e47760b3e" name="dtb:uid"/>
<meta content="2" name="dtb:depth"/>
<meta content="0" name="dtb:totalPageCount"/>
<meta content="0" name="dtb:maxPageNumber"/>
</head>
<docTitle>
<text>3-D Jiu-Jitsu</text>
</docTitle>
<docAuthor>
<text>Marshal D. Carper</text>
</docAuthor>
Old 09-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #10
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

AFAIK, most ePubs don't contain a DOCTYPE definition in the .ncx.
What kind of error messages do you get if you remove it?
Old 09-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #11
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Epub 3 (which you indicate you're exporting as from InDesign) shouldn't need any DOCTYPE declarations for a fallback NCX file. The namespace should suffice:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
If you get errors without the DOCTYPE present then something else must be wrong with your NCX.

Perhaps you should post a few of the "slew of errors" that result whenever you remove the doctype altogether.

Attached is a sample epub3 document (with fallback ncx) that passes the IDPF ePub 3 Validation with flying colors.
Attached Files
File Type: epub wasteland-20120118.epub (99.5 KB, 218 views)
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #12
Zenphobia

This is half of what I get when I remove doctype from the top of toc.ncx document. So when it looks like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

I get this:

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(23,80): element "dc:date" not allowed here; expected the element end-tag or element "dc:contributor", "dc:coverage", "dc:creator", "dc:description", "dc:format", "dc:identifier", "dc:language", "dcublisher", "dc:relation", "dc:rights", "dc:source", "dc:subject", "dc:title", "dc:type", "link" or "meta"

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/content.opf(23,80): attribute "opf:event" not allowed here; expected attribute "id"

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-1.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-2.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-3.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-4.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-5.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-6.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-7.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-8.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-9.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-10.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-11.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-12.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-13.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-14.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-15.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-16.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-17.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-18.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-19.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-20.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-21.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-22.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-23.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-24.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-25.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-26.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-27.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-28.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-29.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-30.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-31.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-32.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-33.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-34.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-35.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-36.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-37.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-38.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-39.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-40.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-41.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-42.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-43.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-44.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-45.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-46.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-47.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-48.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-49.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-50.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/toc.xhtml: Obsolete or irregular DOCTYPE statement. External DTD entities are not allowed. Use '<!DOCTYPE html>' instead.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-4.xhtml(44,121): 'OEBPS/Text/image/3928.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-4.xhtml(45,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-3b.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-4.xhtml(54,121): 'OEBPS/Text/image/3936.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-4.xhtml(55,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-4b.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-5.xhtml(20,121): 'OEBPS/Text/image/1797.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-5.xhtml(21,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-5b.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-5.xhtml(58,121): 'OEBPS/Text/image/1832.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-5.xhtml(59,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-1b.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-5.xhtml(64,121): 'OEBPS/Text/image/1841.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-5.xhtml(65,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-2b.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-6.xhtml(20,123): 'OEBPS/Text/image/539.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-6.xhtml(21,57): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-1a_1.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-6.xhtml(26,121): 'OEBPS/Text/image/592.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-6.xhtml(27,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-1b.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-6.xhtml(32,121): 'OEBPS/Text/image/604.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-6.xhtml(33,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-1c.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-7.xhtml(22,121): 'OEBPS/Text/image/652.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-7.xhtml(23,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-2a.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-7.xhtml(28,121): 'OEBPS/Text/image/658.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-7.xhtml(29,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-2b.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-7.xhtml(34,121): 'OEBPS/Text/image/687.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-7.xhtml(35,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-2c.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-8.xhtml(22,121): 'OEBPS/Text/image/741.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-8.xhtml(23,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-3b.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-8.xhtml(28,121): 'OEBPS/Text/image/735.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-8.xhtml(29,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-3a.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-8.xhtml(34,121): 'OEBPS/Text/image/746.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-8.xhtml(35,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-3c.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-9.xhtml(22,121): 'OEBPS/Text/image/791.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-9.xhtml(23,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-4a.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-9.xhtml(28,121): 'OEBPS/Text/image/797.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-9.xhtml(29,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-4b.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-9.xhtml(34,122): 'OEBPS/Text/image/1896.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-9.xhtml(35,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-4c.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-10.xhtml(22,121): 'OEBPS/Text/image/826.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-10.xhtml(23,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-5a.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-10.xhtml(28,121): 'OEBPS/Text/image/831.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-10.xhtml(29,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-5b.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-11.xhtml(20,122): 'OEBPS/Text/image/1198.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-11.xhtml(21,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-6a.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-11.xhtml(26,122): 'OEBPS/Text/image/1203.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-11.xhtml(27,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-6b.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-11.xhtml(32,122): 'OEBPS/Text/image/1210.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-11.xhtml(33,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-6c.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-12.xhtml(22,122): 'OEBPS/Text/image/1233.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-12.xhtml(23,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-7a.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-12.xhtml(28,122): 'OEBPS/Text/image/1238.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-12.xhtml(29,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-7b.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-12.xhtml(34,122): 'OEBPS/Text/image/1247.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-12.xhtml(35,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-7c.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-13.xhtml(22,122): 'OEBPS/Text/image/1293.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-13.xhtml(23,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-8a.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-13.xhtml(28,122): 'OEBPS/Text/image/1914.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-13.xhtml(29,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-8b.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-14.xhtml(20,122): 'OEBPS/Text/image/1333.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-14.xhtml(21,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-9a.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-14.xhtml(26,122): 'OEBPS/Text/image/1926.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-14.xhtml(27,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-9b.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-14.xhtml(32,122): 'OEBPS/Text/image/1955.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-14.xhtml(33,55): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-9c.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-15.xhtml(22,123): 'OEBPS/Text/image/1419.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-15.xhtml(23,56): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-10c.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-15.xhtml(28,123): 'OEBPS/Text/image/1406.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-15.xhtml(29,56): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-10a.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-15.xhtml(34,123): 'OEBPS/Text/image/1414.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-15.xhtml(35,56): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-10b.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-16.xhtml(22,123): 'OEBPS/Text/image/1462.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-16.xhtml(23,56): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-11a.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-16.xhtml(28,123): 'OEBPS/Text/image/1467.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-16.xhtml(29,56): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-11b.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-16.xhtml(34,123): 'OEBPS/Text/image/1473.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-16.xhtml(35,56): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-11c.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-17.xhtml(22,123): 'OEBPS/Text/image/1564.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-17.xhtml(23,56): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-12a.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-17.xhtml(28,123): 'OEBPS/Text/image/1571.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-17.xhtml(29,56): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-12b.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-18.xhtml(20,122): 'OEBPS/Text/image/1610.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-18.xhtml(21,56): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-13a.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-18.xhtml(26,122): 'OEBPS/Text/image/1615.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-18.xhtml(27,56): 'OEBPS/Text/video/1-13b.mp4': referenced resource missing in the package.

ERROR: 3-DJiu-Jitsu-3a.epub/OEBPS/Text/working-epub-3dBJJ-19.xhtml(20,122): 'OEBPS/Text/image/3380.jpg': referenced resource missing in the package.
Old 09-20-2013, 02:03 PM   #13
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
All of that indicates that's there's absolutely nothing wrong with your NCX file now.

Are you sure InDesign is exporting an ePub3 document? As the errors are indicating, an html5 DOCTYPE would simply be '<!DOCTYPE html>'.

You mentioned Sigil as part of your workflow. You do know that you can't open, edit or save an ePub3 document with Sigil and have it actually stay an ePub3 document... right? I only ask because I can certainly see Sigil adding all those DOCTYPEs that the validator is barking about (depending on Sigil's clean source settings).
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #14
Zenphobia

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
All of that indicates that's there's absolutely nothing wrong with your NCX file now.

Are you sure InDesign is exporting an ePub3 document? As the errors are indicating, an html5 DOCTYPE would simply be '<!DOCTYPE html>'.

You mentioned Sigil as part of your workflow. You do know that you can't open, edit or save an ePub3 document with Sigil and have it actually stay an ePub3 document... right? I only ask because I can certainly see Sigil adding all those DOCTYPEs that the validator is barking about (depending on Sigil's clean source settings).
InDesign: I am 100% positive that I am exporting to ePub 3.

Sigil: I did not know that. I am definitely a newb at this so thank you for your patience. I exported out of inDesign to ePub 3, got the error, and then used Sigil to crack open the ePub to make the change. So the error occurred before I ever touched the file in Sigil.
Old 09-20-2013, 03:17 PM   #15
Zenphobia

I would also be happy to shoot you a link to the dropbox if that would help, or if there are any tutorials on epub errors I'll gladly read those.