Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 05-31-2008, 06:33 AM   #1
beschuit
beschuit began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3 (Kaput), nook
What I would like in firmware v1.2

Hi all, after having used the Cybook for a few weeks I do have some requests for the next firmware version, some already mentioned here...

Perhaps if we create a simple list of (do-able) requests, Bookeen would listen?

1. Proper navigation, text only. Hierarchical, create your own directories, like SF, RSS Feeds, To Read / Read etc.
2. Option to move or delete books, automatically including their Cybook created files like rating (see point 4) bookmarks & thumbnails.
3. Programmable buttons. I would like to have one click access to Lookup Mode instead of 5/6 clicks.
4. Option to rate a book
5. Page number/total number of pages
5. For fun: custom start-up screen

And additionally, software to sync your Cybook with the PC, so you have a backup, including last page read, bookmarks, location (if you moved it on your Cybook) and rating.
beschuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 06:35 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You can, if you wish, set up the Windows MobiPocket reader to "auto-sync" with the Gen3, and it will copy across reading position, bookmarks, etc.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2008, 08:28 AM   #3
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Bookeen Cybook
I'd just like the same things I wanted in 1.1, plus fixes for the features that 1.1 broke.
Krystian Galaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 08:34 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian Galaj View Post
I'd just like the same things I wanted in 1.1, plus fixes for the features that 1.1 broke.
What did 1.1 break? I've not noticed anything.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:54 AM   #5
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What did 1.1 break? I've not noticed anything.
I went back to 1.0 because of the battery life. It is about 1/3th of what it was.
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2008, 08:56 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Curious - it's not done that for me! One of the listed changes in the 1.1 update was an improvement in power management, in fact.

Have you reported the issue to Bookeen?
Old 05-31-2008, 10:11 AM   #7
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Yes I did and I received a link to the old firmware.

A few other people also mentioned it in the

Cybook Gen3 V1.1 (Build 685) upgrade finally available thread

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...tep#post186529
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:51 PM   #8
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
I feel that the battery time is much less but I will do some measurements now. It can be that I have changed reading behaviour also.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 12:56 PM   #9
beschuit
beschuit began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3 (Kaput), nook
Can we go back to the original subject, guys?
beschuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 02:44 PM   #10
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
My top two wishes:

1) Battery indicator onscreen while reading.

2) Better library management...folders and/or implementation of the "reading lists" (i.e., tags) found in the Mobipocket desktop and PDA apps.
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 09:37 PM   #11
Krystian Galaj
Guru
Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Krystian Galaj can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ortep View Post
I went back to 1.0 because of the battery life. It is about 1/3th of what it was.
The ability to read many PDF files, that were correctly read by previous firmware is also broken. This has been repeatedly said in topics you then replied to, so I find it hard to believe you haven't noticed this information, Harry.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:35 PM   #12
Spellbot 5000
Connoisseur
Spellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enoughSpellbot 5000 will become famous soon enough

Device: Cybook Gen3
The PDF issue, definitely. Reading file formats is one of the most basic programming abilities out there. The fact that Bookeen has continually fixed (partially, at least) and rebroken PDF functionality is ridiculous. They need to fire the head programmer and whoever does Q/A and get someone with some real coding talent behind this issue, among the many that remain.
Spellbot 5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 04:17 AM   #13
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I guess I just regard the attempt to read A4/letter PDFs on a 6" screen as an exercise in futility anyway, so changes in the level of futility tend to pass me by .
Old 06-01-2008, 06:21 AM   #14
elena
Connoisseur
elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!elena is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: CyBook Gen3
I'l like also a search function,

Honestly, in a 1GB SD card you can store hundreds, well.. thousands books. It'd be useful to be able to find a book by a Search by Tilte/Author/file-name.
elena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2008, 06:42 AM   #15
Krystian Galaj
Guru

I have some PDFs I don't read at the moment, but tested them on Cybook - and they worked fine. I don't like the possibility that you upload a new firmware, and it may brick the Cybook completely, or the books you read before may suddenly stop working. It makes me wonder if the next firmware update won't leave us with half the Mobi books not working all of a sudden.

Tags
cybook, firmware, request