Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-09-2011, 10:28 PM   #1
gattino
gattino began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 350
Case to fit over PRS-350 with lighted cover

Hi all,

After much research on this site (thank you, everyone, for so generously sharing your wisdom) I settled on a PRS-350. I absolutely love it. I got the lighted cover, which I love as well, but am now looking for a case that will fit the reader with the lighted cover on. This would be for when I carry the reader with me in my bag so that nothing can slip between the cover and screen.

Any suggestions? Someone here once recommended the Belkin Neoprene case for the Kindle 2, but it is unavailable in Canada. I also actually ordered a case from a vendor on Etsy, but it is the wrong size and since it is such a hassle to return things cross-border I thought I'd look for a non-custom case available in Canada.

Any suggestions most welcome!
gattino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 01:02 AM   #2
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Your best bet might be to order a case something like this one, but email the shop first giving them exact dimensions and ask any other questions you might have. They are very quick on responses and will make any pattern you want to the size you need. You can even email them a link to the cover where it will specify the dimensions for them also.

They have many more styles than the one I linked, check them all out here.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2011, 07:20 PM   #3
brbubba
Connoisseur
brbubba will become famous soon enoughbrbubba will become famous soon enoughbrbubba will become famous soon enoughbrbubba will become famous soon enoughbrbubba will become famous soon enoughbrbubba will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS350
Check the dimensions and pretty much anything neoprene will work well.
brbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:47 AM   #4
gattino
gattino began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 350
Thanks for the advice! I see now that I seriously erred by not sending the dimensions of the reader with the case to the vendor. I'm still waiting to hear back from her to see if I can get a refund, and in the meantime I will try and see whether the case will fit another reader model in the hopes that I can sell it and recoup some of my loss.

Thanks again!
gattino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 04:58 PM   #5
yurivs
yurivs began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-350SC
Hello
I bought this one on eBay: Leather Case Cover for Sony PRS350 PRS-350 eReader.

But... well... As I live in Brazil, and the security here is not the best (many burglaries and thefts), I took a paper book and turned it into a case. Look the pictures on the site where I am a columnist. If you are thinking about coming to Brazil at the Olympics...

Cheers!
yurivs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2011, 08:52 PM   #6
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Check out the Book Armor case for the Sony 505/600. I think it'll fit the 350 with the lighted cover. It's a durable, lightweight, hard-sided case that zips around 3 sides.

I use mine when I'm packing a lot in my bag and want to make sure there's no torque on the screen.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote