Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-19-2007, 04:21 AM   #211
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by athlonkmf View Post
can't you just stick it to the USB-cord? (assuming that all geeks works at a IT-related business)
I could do, but then it would require a soft reset to reset the battery meter, and I hate having to take the cover off. It's a lot easier to do with the wall charger - just have to reconnect the charger momentarily with the Reader turned on to reset the meter.

Additionally, it charges a lot more quickly with the wall charger than via USB.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:59 PM   #212
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NatCh View Post
You give me an interesting thought, MikeS. I wonder if a Reader were charged fully, and then had its reset button clicked, and were then left for a month, what the battery would do....
I've had my spare reader on the shelf for the last three weeks in the reset state described above. I just turned it on to update the firmware and guess what? Four full bars of charge when it woke up (i.e. before connecting it to the computer).

I hope the new firmware improves the "off" current consumption.

Cheers,
Bob
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-31-2007, 09:55 PM   #213
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4727#post84727 for the thread about the new firmware update.

After I updated, I got 4 bars instead of the 3 I had.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:38 AM   #214
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4727#post84727 for the thread about the new firmware update.

After I updated, I got 4 bars instead of the 3 I had.

That could be because to perform the update your reader was connected to USB. Mine jumps very fast to four bars when I had connected it for a moment to USB but it will drop also very fast back to the real level after some pages. Anyway, I'm sure they fixed it.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 08:44 AM   #215
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
I havent updated to the newest firmware yet but I did install the ebook.so using the universal flasher. I had strange behavior where the reader gets down to two bars and then dies, totally skips 1 bar. Was this standard behavior for the battery bug or is this an isolated event?
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2007, 08:48 AM   #216
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwrath View Post
I havent updated to the newest firmware yet but I did install the ebook.so using the universal flasher. I had strange behavior where the reader gets down to two bars and then dies, totally skips 1 bar. Was this standard behavior for the battery bug or is this an isolated event?
Since ebook.so was not for the firmware you had is installed on, it could be that the problem was because of that. Try it now with the new firmware and see what happens.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 10:17 AM   #217
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Since ebook.so was not for the firmware you had is installed on, it could be that the problem was because of that. Try it now with the new firmware and see what happens.
I intend to... Perhaps tonight. Im in no hurry as the update seems minor and overall my reader is working very well.
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:05 PM   #218
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
My wife had the exact same problem with the 2 bar zooming to out of battery.

Does the new Sony firmware overwrite that ebook.so file?
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:08 PM   #219
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
No, that doesn't sound like the normal bug. The bug wasn't that the meter didn't fall when you used the machine, but that it didn't rise again when you charged it.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote