Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 07-21-2011, 03:15 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
Calibre library file backup?

My computer died. I have all my books on an external hard drive, so that's no problem, but what is the name of the library file that calibre uses to keep track of where all the books are? I'd hate to have to re=import all my books when I get my new computer and re-install Calibre.

(I know that the equivalent library file for iTunes has the .itl extension - I'm hoping that if I take the dead hard drive down to a computer shop they'll be able to do an external boot so I can copy the .itl file from the hard drive, and I'd like to be able to salvage the equivalent Calibre file too, if possible)
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
metadata.db located in the same directory as your Calibre Library.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2011, 05:46 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
My computer died. I have all my books on an external hard drive, so that's no problem, but what is the name of the library file that calibre uses to keep track of where all the books are? I'd hate to have to re=import all my books when I get my new computer and re-install Calibre.

(I know that the equivalent library file for iTunes has the .itl extension - I'm hoping that if I take the dead hard drive down to a computer shop they'll be able to do an external boot so I can copy the .itl file from the hard drive, and I'd like to be able to salvage the equivalent Calibre file too, if possible)
No worries if you Library is on the good drive ,

Nothing to recover (except custom preference settings, special recipes that you generated and not available on MR ).

Install Calibre, when asked where to put the Library, just point it at the folder on D: that contains metadata.db (windows search can help you find it, is it is not named the default, Calibre Library)
Note: if Calibre complains about folder Not Empty, you are pointing at the wrong place for the library.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
I was afraid that the metadata.db file would be on the c drive with the rest of my programs, not on the external drive with all my books.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote