Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #35911
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Acer A200
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Spring cleaning continues whilst waiting for the yard to dry out enough for mowing/raking. It's astonishing how much junk accumulates! Took out 3 more trash bags ... resting now!
Are you molting??
74Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #35912
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Cuda View Post
Are you molting??
No - but my cats are .... we have cat hair tumbleweeds blowing through the house ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #35913
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
No - but my cats are .... we have cat hair tumbleweeds blowing through the house ...
Just be glad they are not dust bunnies.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:07 PM   #35914
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Acer A200
Quote:
Would you like a Sheltie for awhile?
74Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 11:24 AM   #35915
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
"A Gentle Sunday Morning"

So - I woke up at 8 am, got up and fed the cats ... and decided I was still tired and went back to bed. Since I had strained my back yesterday and it was still twinging, I carefully arranged myself flat on my back and started to doze off....

Then Stella cat jumped up to see why I was in bed. After some exploratory sniffs & chirps, she dove under the covers and settled down between my feet and began to nap too.

I started to doze off again ....

Then Sammy cat jumped up yowling at the top of her lungs, walked over my ribs whilst screeching, sniffed my face, and then finally plopped down on my shoulder .....

When Stella decided to change position and re-settle herself under the covers ....

Then Sammy leaped up screaming "There's something under the bedspread!"

I calmed Sammy down and she went back to sleep on my shoulder.

Then I abruptly realized something was chewing on my heel and sat up screeching "Stop it!" Which tossed Sammy onto the floor. I extracted Stella and tossed her onto the floor, realized that I was now wide awake and my back was twinging again.

So I got up ... again

Cats add such joy and warmth to our lives .....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #35916
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Yes...Cats add such joy and warmth to our lives ...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Excuse Me.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	104030
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:47 AM   #35917
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Looking for salsa sauce recipes for tonight's taco dinner.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 05:17 AM   #35918
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumpelteazer View Post
Looking for salsa sauce recipes for tonight's taco dinner.
Here's my favorite. Feel free to adjust the last few items to taste.

FRESH TOMATO SALSA

4 lg. ripe plum tomatoes
1/4 c. chopped scallions
1/4 c. chopped cilantro (fresh coriander)
1 tbsp. fresh oregano
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. minced jalapeno pepper,
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. fresh lime juice
Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste

Flat leaf Parsley?
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes?
3/4 teaspoon cumin?
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper?
3/4 teaspoon chili powder?

This has to sit for an hour or two (longer is better) before you serve it.

Stitchawl
Old 04-08-2013, 06:22 AM   #35919
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Here's my favorite. Feel free to adjust the last few items to taste.

FRESH TOMATO SALSA

4 lg. ripe plum tomatoes
1/4 c. chopped scallions
1/4 c. chopped cilantro (fresh coriander)
1 tbsp. fresh oregano
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. minced jalapeno pepper,
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tsp. fresh lime juice
Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste

Flat leaf Parsley?
3/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes?
3/4 teaspoon cumin?
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper?
3/4 teaspoon chili powder?

This has to sit for an hour or two (longer is better) before you serve it.

Stitchawl
Thanks!

Just to be sure "lg." means large and "c" means cup? We've been using Dutch recipes up until now and the conversion of English measurements can be a bit confusing.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 06:26 AM   #35920
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Thanks!

Just to be sure "lg." means large and "c" means cup? We've been using Dutch recipes up until now and the conversion of English measurements can be a bit confusing.
And tbsp. is tablespoon (15ml), and tsp. is teaspoon (5ml). It's sometimes very important to get those the right way around!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #35921
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Thanks!

Yes, that's right. Actually, for the tomatoes, I often use a can of diced Italian plum tomatoes. Much easier to locate. And keep in mind that when I cook, I don't usually actually measure things... I don't use measuring spoons or cups, I just approximate ratios as I get too confused by the actual numbers. And sometimes I want more or less garlic, more or less fire vs flavor (from the jalapeno peppers or red or cayenne pepper.) But I figured if I wrote it up as "a handful of flat leaf parsley" or "some cloves of garlic" it might not work as well for you...

Stitchawl
Old 04-08-2013, 11:23 PM   #35922
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
ok, so my "maybe" funny story...

when I started in Real Estate I took some marketing courses as everything I havve done professionally and academically has nothing to do with selling. one of things we are encouraged to do is market to our "audience" and you need to identify what/who they are. prime candidates are things like church and golfing. my "church" is typically the puppy park and my "golf" is skiing (even though that is kind of on hold due to injuries). Anyway, I started organizing dog activities... "yappy hour, yappy howl-o-ween, yappy new year, mutt strutt, and so on). it has helped me become "known" in the community. I've also gotten pretty involved in the community, serving on several chamber committees, and working (REALLY HARD!) on/with our equivalent of a "main street association", attempting to bring our little town back from obsolescence and revitalizing it. I got them to make my "mutt strutt" (think of easter bonnet parade for dogs) which ties the opening of the farmer's market for the season with all of the downtown merchants by having the dog teams go on a scavenger hunt through the market and participating merchants, ending at a little cafe for awards, networking and fun, an "official" function.
sooooo... there's a realtor at another brokerage that is pretty successful, and also used to do the community involvement. ( I need to back up and point out that I work for a really small brokerage, we are only on the Peninsula, and there are only 6 of our offices, this other broker works for one of the "nationals".) anyway, all of a sudden he showed up at one of the Chamber lunches last month, which made me grumble, and then he showed up at one of our main street meetings. it was the meeting 2 weeks before my "mutt strutt" and I was pushing it. He picked up my flyer and said "Hey! this is a REALLY good idea for getting people downtown! I'll put it up on the door of our Brokerage!" I bit the sides of my cheeks and said thanks! then! the week before the event he stopped me on Brokers Tour (that's when we see all the new houses on the market) and told me (with enthusiasm!) that his brokerage thought it was SUCH a good idea that they put it in their newsletter to all of their clients!!!!

ok, so keep in mind, that this is my marketing concept to meet and interact with possibly new clients, being marketed FOR me by one of the big National Firms....

funny?
did you have to be there?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:30 AM   #35923
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
ok, so my "maybe" funny story...

ok, so keep in mind, that this is my marketing concept to meet and interact with possibly new clients, being marketed FOR me by one of the big National Firms....

funny?
did you have to be there?
No, you're right, that's funny! I see it as one of two scenarios -- either he's REALLY naive, or he is looking at the big picture in which more people downtown ultimately will benefit all the businesses. Or he's just stupid.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:39 AM   #35924
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Maybe they just don't see you as a real competitor due to the size difference? Perhaps they think that they can benefit a little from being seen to help out with a community event and that that benefit isn't outweighed by a small loss of business to you?

It could be a real situation where everybody wins, and that really would be funny
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #35925
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Right now I'm listening to Cobra Star Ship on Virgin Mobile Live on my phone while I remain on hold since 2:40 waiting for a technician to get my Virgin Mobile Overdrive Pro 4G Hotspot activated. Although I'm discovering that "Virgin Mobile Live" is just the same 30 second techno music clip played over and over until the weaker consumer hangs up in frustration.

Update @ 2:36: The operator finally came back on the line and told me she'd call me back today and get the device activated. They're having a bit of difficulty at the moment because of their "system updates". Wonder if it's the same "system updates" I spoke about in this post?

But I will be online today, because the operator told me so and I believe it.

Because I'm just that gullible!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?