Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-21-2012, 08:47 AM   #1
Ravenesque
Ravenesque began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
FIXED: Home button doesn't work after 2.3.1 update.

Since updating my Kobo Touch to the software version 2.3.1, the home button doesn't work. It doesn't do anything, regardless of whether I'm in a menu or reading a book, etc.

Is this a bug, or is this some weird new feature? I notice the Kobo Glo and Mini don't seem to have home buttons, so has Kobo just taken this functionality away from the Kobo Touch? I'd be pretty miffed if that were the case, since it's so handy. Not to mention how irritating it would be to have a button that now doesn't do anything..

Anyway, that's my rant. Does anyone know if this is intentional or something that will be fixed in the next update (fingers crossed)?

EDIT: Problem is fixed now. See my next post in this thread for details.

Last edited by Ravenesque; 12-21-2012 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Problem is fixed!
Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #2
Atilla
Addict
Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 3 3G, Kobo Touch, Playbook, Kobo Clara HD
Try a paper clip reset. If that does not work try loging out of the account and log back in.
Warning, you may/will lose stats after reloging.
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2012, 10:58 AM   #3
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenesque View Post
Since updating my Kobo Touch to the software version 2.3.1, the home button doesn't work. It doesn't do anything, regardless of whether I'm in a menu or reading a book, etc.

Is this a bug, or is this some weird new feature? I notice the Kobo Glo and Mini don't seem to have home buttons, so has Kobo just taken this functionality away from the Kobo Touch? I'd be pretty miffed if that were the case, since it's so handy. Not to mention how irritating it would be to have a button that now doesn't do anything..

Anyway, that's my rant. Does anyone know if this is intentional or something that will be fixed in the next update (fingers crossed)?

Update to 2.3.1
I just synchd my Touch to Desktop and was told it was synching 76 books to it !

I know I've bought a "few" with bargainmoose but not that many !

Some of them I'm sure were already on my Touch ?

Anyway after holding my breath they all seemed to, eventually, load into it.

Then I got the dreaded message that it was also installing an update to my ereader !!!

When my heart restarted I waited for this to finish, ejected and unplugged my Touch. Then the updating screen, etc, and to my wild delight it still works...... so far !
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #4
Ravenesque
Ravenesque began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
It's working again! What seemed to fix it was: Turn off, turn back on, sync, repeat. I did that what feels like a million times, but oddly enough it worked when even a reset didn't work. Nor did logging out and back in again.

But hooray, the minor bug seems to be fixed and all is well.
Ravenesque is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
firmware 2.3.1, home button, kobo touch, kobo update