Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-05-2012, 04:59 AM   #1
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Enable Facebook sharing, etc

In Calibre's MOBI output settings, it says if you enable Facebook sharing, etc, you lose last page read syncing.

Is this still the case? I just converted an ePub and ticked the box to enable sharing, emailed the resulting MOBI to my Kindle, and also downloaded the MOBI from the "Cloud" section of the Kindle iPhone app, and the last page read syncs between the 2 just fine. I also checked I could share a highlight on Facebook, which also worked fine. So I just wondered if that statement in the options still holds true.

One thing I did notice, when I went to the end of the book, there was no "Tweet/Share that you've finished this book" option - I don't know if this is expected behaviour or not?
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:58 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you send by email, all bets are off, as amazon rewrites the headersof the mobi files.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2012, 12:08 PM   #3
gers1978
Addict
gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gers1978 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
If you send by email, all bets are off, as amazon rewrites the headersof the mobi files.
Oh well. I use send by email a lot, and as I said, last page sync works fine between Kindle, iPhone and iPad, as long as I download the book to Kindle first, then browse the "Cloud" section within the iOS Kindle app and download the book that way.

Out of interest, are you saying if I transferred the book from Calibre to Kindle using the cable, and I'd enabled sharing when converting, then "Tweet/Share you've finished this book" would work?
gers1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It used to, try it and see. I have stopped trying to keep track of all the ways amazon keeps breaking the software in their various devices/apps.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote