Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 05-02-2012, 04:31 AM   #61
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Source code for linux kernel. Git repository for kernel of imx508:

(also posted in other thread)

Hi,
Could you please check this:
https://github.com/onyx-intl/public_kernel

It was recently published and I hope it is the stuff what you are missing.

If you think it is still incomplete please infom me.

Thank you for your tremendous work!!!

UPD: Oops! Someone did it already before I did Just discovered his post.

Last edited by Booxtor; 05-02-2012 at 04:37 AM.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:44 AM   #62
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Icarus Illumina E653
I wrote an article about building software for our M92 using a scratchbox2 environment: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Boox...th_Scratchbox2

Please feel free to place a link to this article in other wiki articles related to M92 and/or software development.
tuxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2012, 08:05 AM   #63
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxor View Post
I wrote an article about building software for our M92 using a scratchbox2 environment: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Boox...th_Scratchbox2

Please feel free to place a link to this article in other wiki articles related to M92 and/or software development.
Good job!
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #64
tuxor
Addict
tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!tuxor has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

With today's update of scratchbox2 to version 2.3.57, there are no major bugs any more. Setting up your scratchbox2 environment is really straight forward now. I updated my wiki article according to this and added a link to the pointers at the end of article M92 software development
Old 05-08-2012, 04:06 PM   #65
tuxor
Addict

Now that we have the kernel sources, was somebody able to compile the kernel module necessary for USB host capabilities (using something like this: http://www.amazon.com/Micro-USB-OTG-...07379&sr=1-4)? I would love to be able to write text with an USB keyboard, like this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hama-Slimlin.../dp/B000VRLLFU or this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flexible-Fol...6507591&sr=1-1

Unfortunately my knowledge about compiling kernel modules is sparse... Would be cool to have a short introductory article in the wiki
Advert
Old 05-08-2012, 06:37 PM   #66
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Now that we have the kernel sources, was somebody able to compile the kernel module necessary for USB host capabilities...
You would also need USB host hardware on the device, as well. Most readers have client hardware, so that they show up as UMS devices when connected to computers. Does the M92 have host hardware?
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:33 AM   #67
tuxor
Addict

That a device shows up as UMS doesn't mean anything. The M92 can show up as serial console or UMS simply depending on which kernel module is loaded when connected.
Old 05-09-2012, 04:30 AM   #68
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
You would also need USB host hardware on the device, as well. Most readers have client hardware, so that they show up as UMS devices when connected to computers. Does the M92 have host hardware?
The loaded module's
arcotg_utc
I'm not sure whether there are non-hostmode compatible devices driven by this module, but it leaves hope for host mode suport.

I'm not sure we can go all the way to full OTG support, but I hope we'll get to the point of manual/scripted switching.

Cheers.

P.S.: I don't think I'll get there this week, but having at least a look at this is on my todo-list... anyone interested in joining me in this? I hope/think I'll find a bit of time mid of next week, when I have a really usable internet connection again
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 05:02 PM   #69
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodomo View Post
The loaded module's
arcotg_utc
I'm not sure whether there are non-hostmode compatible devices driven by this module, but it leaves hope for host mode suport.

I'm not sure we can go all the way to full OTG support, but I hope we'll get to the point of manual/scripted switching.

Cheers.
Interesting. This is the first I've heard of OTG. I wish you every success.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #70
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Yes, and I already tested that module. It's working perfectly fine, but maybe you need shared sqlite libs (libsqlite3.so).
(Context was: running peter-x's annotation export on the M92)

Indeed - one needed the shared libraries - they were easy to generate...
...now it's complaining about a missing python module (QtSvg)

Could you please add it to your python package?

Cheers!
Old 05-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #71
tuxor
Addict

Quote:
(Context was: running peter-x's annotation export on the M92)

Indeed - one needed the shared libraries - they were easy to generate...
...now it's complaining about a missing python module (QtSvg)

Could you please add it to your python package?
No way. I can't add any parts of Qt that are not provided with the version of Qt used by Onyx and provided with their devices. And QtSvg is not part of the Onyx Qt libs.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #72
kodomo
M92 info archivist

Quote:
No way. I can't add any parts of Qt that are not provided with the version of Qt used by Onyx and provided with their devices. And QtSvg is not part of the Onyx Qt libs.
ok - ic... this puts an end to this mini project...

As the color scribbles in pdf mini project is done, the next one would be to get a working kernel devel environment... did anyone manage to compile the kernel in the repository, so far? (possibly even using build.sh?)
Did anyone try?

Cheers.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:16 AM   #73
kodomo
M92 info archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Interesting. This is the first I've heard of OTG. I wish you every success.
thx - chances are increasing:
- the default M92 kernel configuration in the repository includes EHCI support with an extension for a Freescale USB controller (+ "support for the USB OTG port in HS/FS Host mode.")

On the other side, kexec is not enabled, which will make it somewhat risky to test kernels with new options compiled into it (e.g., the devpts support needed for ssh, USB runtime power management, or USB HID support :-| )... does someone feel lucky enough or is someone aware of a JTAG interface on the M92 board (just in case)?

Anyway... the latter will just become an issue once we have a compiling kernel...

btw.: Does someone know which digitizer tablet model is built into the M92? The 'touchscreen' input device category is selected, but no driver is selected... thus it looks like the device driver were not published.

Cheers.

Last edited by kodomo; 05-21-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #74
FDD
Connoisseur
FDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheeseFDD can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox M92
Quote:
btw.: Does someone know which digitizer tablet model is built into the M92? The 'touchscreen' input device category is selected, but no driver is selected... thus it looks like the device driver were not published.
Hello Komodo, the digitizer is based on the HW0818 chip from Hanwang. I've been trying to get technical documentation, but the person in charge of this chip never replied to my emails (Mr Scott Zhang <zhangyanhui At hanwang.com.cn> forwarded me to Mrs Zeng (XianJie Zeng) <zengxianjie At hanwang.com.cn>, but I never heard anything back from her).

However the digitizer is connected to the CPU via a serial interface, and all the processing happens in user space, via tslib, "hanvon.c" driver. There is no kernel's input device layer involved, that should explain why there is nothing selected there.

Ciao!
FDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 01:59 AM   #75
alphabee
alphabee began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx M92
Hi tuxor, the link seems unavailable now, can you post it again?
alphabee is offline   Reply With Quote