Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-26-2014, 01:52 AM   #496
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
IIRC this field is updated when setting emtadata, which happens whenever a book is exported from the library. (and the update is only applied to exported copy, of course).
Are you saying the setting in Preferences - Conversions - Mobi Output controls this as eschwartz indicated?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 02:10 AM   #497
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes .
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2014, 01:29 PM   #498
alphane
alphane began at the beginning.

Device: PB622
Unhappy Can't get pluckboards to work at all !

Hello

Never having used pluckboard, I tried a very simple one and it won't work.

So it is, save-to-disk for format epub
Template : {title}{serie:| (|)}
Destination : title

I save my epub to disk and I get ... {title} as title !

So, why is it working for anyone but me ? What can I do ? test ?

Thank you for any help
alphane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:41 PM   #499
Dethmaul
Dethmaul began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphane View Post
Hello

Thank you for any help
Try This:
{title} - {series:||} - {series_index:0>2s|[|]}

Should get this result:
Title - Series - [Series#] or
Book - Book Series - [01]
Dethmaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 01:03 AM   #500
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Plugboards are for changing the metadata inside the book on the fly not for altering the filename. The template under Preferences - Saving books to disk is used to alter the filenames when saving books.
Advert
Old 05-01-2014, 12:47 PM   #501
alphane

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Plugboards are for changing the metadata inside the book on the fly not for altering the filename. The template under Preferences - Saving books to disk is used to alter the filenames when saving books.
Obviously I explained badly ... I said that the (metadata) title in the epub is not what I wanted it to be. Not the filename which is fine.

Could you help me with that? What test to perform to find what the problem is ?
Old 05-01-2014, 01:56 PM   #502
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Obviously I explained badly ... I said that the (metadata) title in the epub is not what I wanted it to be. Not the filename which is fine.

Could you help me with that? What test to perform to find what the problem is ?
The plugboard is used to insert additional stuff into the designated field (Title in this case). This fakes the device into thinking that is the title while maintaining proper metadata in your Calibre Library
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:34 PM   #503
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
The OP indicated using a plugboard (for epubs using save-to-disk), though. So that shouldn't be a problem.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:39 PM   #504
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Hello

Thank you for any help
You misspelled "series" as "serie", can I assume you got it correct in the plugboard?

You can test your plugboard by creating a custom column of type = built from other columns (exact wording I forget, I'd check if I wasn't typing from my Kindle ) and filling in the template there.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 03:30 PM   #505
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
You misspelled "series" as "serie", can I assume you got it correct in the plugboard?

You can test your plugboard by creating a custom column of type = built from other columns (exact wording I forget, I'd check if I wasn't typing from my Kindle ) and filling in the template there.

Good catch
the field name must be the correct one.
Hover the mouse over the column header for the lookup name to use
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:58 PM   #506
alphane

Quote:

You are right eschwartz, there was a mistake in my post. But there wasn't in my plugboard, this is the copy/paste I should have done (stupid of me not to have before) :
template = {title} {series:} destination = title
It's so simple, but anyway I did test it (copy/paste) in custom column

Sorry to have misled you. But this is not the problem.
When I open the book I saved on the disk with E-book Viewer and look for information, I can see only my calibre {title} in the title of the book : not {title} & {series}.

So the template is not wrong. Is there a way to test why it doesn't apply to the saved epub ?
Old 05-03-2014, 07:02 PM   #507
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
The OP indicated using a plugboard (for epubs using save-to-disk), though. So that shouldn't be a problem.
Thanks for stating the obvious. The most common error is misunderstanding what you are using, hence my suggestion.

Quote:
template = {title} {series:} destination = title
So the template is not wrong. Is there a way to test why it doesn't apply to the saved epub ?
You keep giving us the Template and Destination, but you fail to give us format and device. Have you selected Format: ePub an Device: save_to_disk? Also did you save the plugboard?

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-03-2014 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:44 PM   #508
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Is there a way to use the plugboard to add the # of pages in a book so that it shows up in the catalog when you make a catalog of the books that you have loaded into Calibre? Count pages works fine but I want to be able to save the data generated by that plug in to the catalog along with the other stuff.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:43 AM   #509
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
You need to make a new column.

Set the column type to 'Column built from other columns' and in the template put
Code:
{#pages}
Change #pages to the name of your original page-count column of course.

Then you can choose this new column either in Extra Description Note or in Merge with Comments when you generate the catalogue.
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 02:04 PM   #510
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilia View Post
You need to make a new column.

Set the column type to 'Column built from other columns' and in the template put
Code:
{#pages}
Change #pages to the name of your original page-count column of course.

Then you can choose this new column either in Extra Description Note or in Merge with Comments when you generate the catalogue.
Neat. thanks for the tip.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
custom column, tag, tags