Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-19-2009, 01:43 AM   #1
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
directory structure

I know calibre has no option for making custom directories
when exporting to device apart from the tag option.
So I am wondering has someone created a seperate script or
utility for making custom directories in there reader.

Something that would read the meta data from epubs and make directory and file structure from that so that its alot easier to browse the library in your reader

i.e Author\Series\series#ebook.epub
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:22 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Actually 0.6.8 hasa fully customizable Save to Disk.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:57 PM   #3
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

ok thanks now I am waiting for the next release
Now the only option I need is the ablity to change covers of books in the epubs that I have already created without having to ask calbre to convert again as I feel the cover it finds in libarary thing are small or not that good or the cover from the UK version is sometimes better
Old 08-20-2009, 12:40 AM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
ok thanks now I am waiting for the next release
Now the only option I need is the ablity to change covers of books in the epubs that I have already created without having to ask calbre to convert again as I feel the cover it finds in libarary thing are small or not that good or the cover from the UK version is sometimes better
In Windows You can always rename the extension to zip and then open the file and replace the cover. You don't need Calibre so long as the file name is the same. (If you use 7Zip then you don't even need to rename the extension to zip.)

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:48 AM   #5
Dopedangel
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
In Windows You can always rename the extension to zip and then open the file and replace the cover. You don't need Calibre so long as the file name is the same. (If you use 7Zip then you don't even need to rename the extension to zip.)

Dale
That is too much work am looking for an easier option like dropping the cover image onto the epub and it is auto updated something winrar does with zip files

but you gave me an idea
a .bat file that takes the cover.jpg in a folder and adds it to the epub in the same folder so after updating the covers of a particular author I could run that and voila all the epubs would be updated.
A programmer should be able to code something like that in minutes but it will most probably take me weeks to figure it all out
Old 08-20-2009, 01:58 AM   #6
Dopedangel
Wizard

Ok playing around with winrar I was able to associate epub with winrar so now dragging a cover image onto the epub updates the cover image for me.
Now to automate the process
Old 08-20-2009, 05:16 AM   #7
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
Ok playing around with winrar I was able to associate epub with winrar so now dragging a cover image onto the epub updates the cover image for me.
Now to automate the process
Note that the cover image in an ePUB (if any) won't always be named "cover.jpg", it won't even be always a JPG.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:17 AM   #8
Dopedangel
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Note that the cover image in an ePUB (if any) won't always be named "cover.jpg", it won't even be always a JPG.
yes I noticed it with one or two in which I had not used calibre to add covers the rest I had already converted with calibre so all the covers are named cover.jpg