Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #1
Lisa M.
Lisa M. began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Make a column to show DRM?

Hi all,

I hope this is the right place. I'm trying to create a custom column to show which of my books have DRM and which don't. I know I should have kept track when and where I purchased them but I didn't, so now I have a lot of books and no idea which have DRM and which don't.

Thanks so much in advance
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:06 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa M. View Post
I know I should have kept track when and where I purchased them but I didn't, so now I have a lot of books and no idea which have DRM and which don't.
There is no easy way to tell which have DRM. You can try viewing the each book in calibre's viewer, if the book can't open because of drm it will tell you.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
Lisa M.
Lisa M. began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Oh boy

Thanks for answering.
Lisa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:14 PM   #4
Perkin
Guru
Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.Perkin calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kobo Aura HD, iPad (Marvin)
You might be able to get a list of the entries, by searching the individual *.epub files in the library for contains 'rights.xml', DRM'd files have that file in it's package.
Perkin is offline   Reply With Quote