Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-08-2010, 09:09 PM   #16
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixilyn View Post
Is it hard to delete stuff off the reader? I remembered when I used to have an Ipod, it would delete my songs permanantly even from my song library if I had attempted to remove it from my ipod. I am hoping that the readers won't have this similar problem of deleting stuff or "syncing" every book from my library in the computer?
It's not hard to delete stuff. You can delete books from the reader as you finish them one by one.

The Sony software won't just automatically match everything on your Reader to what it has. You can select to sync it like that but it doesn't happen automatically and is probably a bad idea. If you have books on the Reader, you can use the Sony software to move them around and put them in collections and they won't get deleted unless you really mess up and go out of your way to change the preferences.
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 10:20 PM   #17
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I have the m-edge GO! in red for my Sony pocket reader. I chose that one because it seemed to have the lowest profile of the m-edge covers and I knew I'd be carrying it around in my purse. It's exactly what I was looking for -- very rigid so it protects the screen, but not too thick. I recommend it.
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:56 PM   #18
Sea-Era
Sea-Era began at the beginning.

Device: none
I too am thinking of buying a Sony PRS600.... can someone tell me the difference between the PRS600-SC.....the PRS600-BC... and the PRS600-RC?
Sea-Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:24 PM   #19
Ixilyn
Ixilyn began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 600
I got a M-edge go! purple pebble, hopefully its not as dark as it shows in the picture. I started stabbing myself in the head when I saw the patterns they have available for Kindle readers. They need to give more love to Sony.

I think it is just the colours Sea-Era, SC is silver case, BC black case and RC Red Case
Ixilyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #20
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Era View Post
I too am thinking of buying a Sony PRS600.... can someone tell me the difference between the PRS600-SC.....the PRS600-BC... and the PRS600-RC?
The SC is silver, the BC is black, and the RC is red.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:48 AM   #21
Sea-Era
Sea-Era began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for the quick response. I kept looking for some different feature... instead of noticing the obvious...duh!!...lol
Sea-Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:19 AM   #22
kealiiballao
Bibliophile1980
kealiiballao began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-600
Yep, just different colors. However, I hope the rubberized backing does not deteriorate over time... We shall see...
kealiiballao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:54 AM   #23
banjobama
Busy Read'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by kealiiballao View Post
Yep, just different colors. However, I hope the rubberized backing does not deteriorate over time... We shall see...
Mine hasn't, in seven months. But I do use a case most of the time, and I'm type-A about cleaning smudges and fingerprints off of stuff.
Old 07-12-2010, 03:00 PM   #24
glowhappy
lost my wits...
glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.glowhappy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixilyn View Post
lastly, does anyone happen to have any reccomandation on accessories? Since it is a touch screen, would I need a screen protector? I would love to get a cover/case thing but so far I have only found the standard sony ones. I saw the "Eat/Pray/Love" boxset for Sony Pocket reader and the case just looks adorable. Sadly, I couldnt find any for touch.
I have a screen protector on my 600 but don't really think you have to have one. I'm just used to applying it to all touch screen devices to prevent scratching. It doesn't change the touch screen's responsiveness so you don't have to worry about that. However, I think it does add a teeny bit more glare. As for a cover/case for the reader itself, I don't like to add bulk or weight to my devices so I opted for a adhesive-backed cast vinyl covering.

http://www.decalgirl.com/item.view/19007

Its super thin, light-weight and avoids adding bulk. Of course its best for only proctecting againts scratches and adbrasions. I like how it comes in plenty of neat designs and colors.

As for a light, I posted a thread about that not too long ago and got lots of great reccommendations.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83946

Personally I ended up getting the Kandle Light and am happy with it. I chose it b/c it could clip directly onto my reader without scratching. It had a strong LED light source. And it was small and easy to pocket. It also came with a nice storage case, great for traveling. However, the shortcomings are that it uses the disk cells instead of a standard AA or AAA battery. It is not poseable like the goose neck ones. The light tends to fall off towards the bottom of the reader so I clip it to the side rather then the top.

Good Luck!
glowhappy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sony, virgin