Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #25501
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Where the earth shows its bones of wind-broken stone
And the sea and the sky are one
I'm caught out of time, my blood sings with wine
And I'm running naked in the sun
There's God in the trees, I'm weak in the knees
And the sky is a painful blue
I'd like to look around, but Honey, all I see is you.

The summer city lights will soften the night
Til you'd think that the air is clear
And I'm sitting with friends, where forty-five cents
Will buy another glass of beer
He's got something to say, but I'm so far away
That I don't know who I'm talking to
Cause you just walked in the door, and Honey, all I see is you

And I just want to hold you closer than I've ever held anyone before
You say you've been twice a wife and you're through with life
Ah, but Honey, what the hell's it for?
After twenty-three years you'd think I could find
A way to let you know somehow
That I want to see your smiling face forty-five years from now.

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BeAL9vmcv0 )

I really like having my wife back beside me... fills a big empty place in my life!

Good morning, everyone! Happy Independence Day! (Although my Brit friends call it 'Thanksgiving...')

We watched the sun come up together this morning. It's really so much nicer that way... My "Ceylon High Mountain" is steeping, and we're getting ready to go downstairs to see the Food Lady. This will be a 'First' for my wife. Although we found the apartment together, she went back to Japan before we could move in. Last night was her first to spend in it, and today will be her first experience with all the choices that the Food Lady offers. I'm looking forward to seeing what she chooses. (She'll avoid the really spicy stuff...) Then I have an appointment to look at a motor bike for sale. I've been un-horsed for tooooo long. I don't particularly like motor scooters, but for the driving conditions around this area, a scooter makes more sense than a large bike. I guess a 'dirt bike' or 'enduro' would be better, but not as comfortable for two... or more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
They are making everyone take home electric devices that are not provided by the employeer. .
Bummer... Didn't this happen to you once before at your last job? How about using an immersion heater?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:48 PM   #25502
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Seven Sons. Packing up my tea to take home. They are making everyone take home electric devices that are not provided by the employeer. So my tea kettle goes home. I am keeping the teas that can be made at 185 and 175 and some of the blacks that I am less picky about.
This happened at my workplace too. I found a hiding place for my kettle and snuck it out to my car whenever management went on an inspection tour.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2013, 01:15 AM   #25503
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Seven Sons. Packing up my tea to take home. They are making everyone take home electric devices that are not provided by the employeer. So my tea kettle goes home. I am keeping the teas that can be made at 185 and 175 and some of the blacks that I am less picky about.
How annoying. Looks like you'll be drinking mostly greens and oolongs at work. In solidarity, I had Lung Ching Dragonwell all day, at 185°F.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:37 AM   #25504
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lunch time... and mounted once again!! It's another Yamaha, but a wee bit smaller this time. In fact, and entire digit smaller. Instead of a Yamaha 1100cc, it's a Yamaha 110cc. But I had it cruising along at 100kph and it was relatively stable. That's not a speed that I'll use very often here, but it's nice to know it's there if we need it.

And so... tanking up on Lipton's Instant Ice Tea, unsweetened of course, and getting ready to go out furniture shopping. I held off while my wife was away, and the house is semi-furnished, but we do need two desks and a dining room table and chairs. Maybe a few storage drawer units too, for my toys.... More tea first.

Stitchawl
Old 07-04-2013, 03:57 AM   #25505
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Happy Fourth of July to our American friends!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Lunch time... and mounted once again!! It's another Yamaha, but a wee bit smaller this time. In fact, and entire digit smaller. Instead of a Yamaha 1100cc, it's a Yamaha 110cc. But I had it cruising along at 100kph and it was relatively stable. That's not a speed that I'll use very often here, but it's nice to know it's there if we need it.

And so... tanking up on Lipton's Instant Ice Tea, unsweetened of course, and getting ready to go out furniture shopping. I held off while my wife was away, and the house is semi-furnished, but we do need two desks and a dining room table and chairs. Maybe a few storage drawer units too, for my toys.... More tea first.

Stitchawl
Glad to hear you are mounted again, and that wifey is home too... Good luck with the nest feathering.

Rooibos in my cup.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2013, 06:42 AM   #25506
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post

Stitchawl
110cc?? Like the TTR110E? That is a child's bike. Not all what I would expect you on.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:10 AM   #25507
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by VydorScope View Post
110cc?? Like the TTR110E? That is a child's bike. Not all what I would expect you on.
It's the perfect vehicle for getting around town and riding on jungle paths. A big bike, while more my delight, is only good on the roads, and smooth ones at that. I need a bike here that I can lift up out of a deep rut, manouver through crowded narrow streets, and get through traffic jams. Here's a stock shot of a typical Bangkok traffic light stop... Note who has moved to the front of the pack. My area of northern Thailand is much worse as the streets are often full of pot holes, and more scooters. Something small is the ONLY thing that makes sense here. Can you imagine trying to move a big cruiser through THIS every day? When we want to go touring on weekends, we can always rent a big bike for $10 a day...

Stitchawl
Old 07-04-2013, 07:12 AM   #25508
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Definitely not a place I would fit in!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:41 AM   #25509
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Hippie Blend Coffee. Getting ready to go away for the weekend. The dogs remembered the dog sitter. Lucas is playing in his play area.well, Lucas was playing in his play area. He is back to wandering now.

Happy Fourth my American peeps!
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 09:17 AM   #25510
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Will be celebrating the fourth today with libations of Guinness - to accompany our cook-out of burgers & hot dogs -- which will probably be an indoor grilling - since it's rained every day for the last 2 weeks and is currently clouding up again.

The mosquitoes are growing large enough to grill!
Old 07-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #25511
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Will be celebrating the fourth today with libations of Guinness - to accompany our cook-out of burgers & hot dogs -- which will probably be an indoor grilling - since it's rained every day for the last 2 weeks and is currently clouding up again.
The fireworks just finished doing their thing over the American Consulate. Living on an upper floor in a tall building overlooking the city has its perks. We get a magnificent view of all the fireworks displays!

Quote:
The mosquitoes are growing large enough to grill!

Pooh, here is the perfect answer to your skeeter problem....

Stitchawl
Old 07-04-2013, 11:35 AM   #25512
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
I am currently Drinking WATER (but in reality Vodka on the rocks, but that may not pass MR moderator quarantine...so please do not tell any of the moderators that I am drinking a legal substance in the country of Japan and I am over the legal age of drinking in that country...20...)
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:30 PM   #25513
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Stitchy - I'm going to order a gross of those traps! And sit on the deck listening for their *click* *shriek*

Do they need bait?
Old 07-04-2013, 01:56 PM   #25514
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
No, you just tape them all over yourself and you are the bait.

Anniversary Breakfast Blend. To show solidarity with our American friends.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #25515
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
First mug of tea.

The cicada drone began to get quieter by the end of last week. You can still hear an occasional cicada revving up -- there's always someone who doesn't know the party's over.
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?