Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 05-24-2010, 08:22 AM   #1
janpardo
janpardo began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Need help on Sony cache.xml

Hi
At the moment i write my own Management-Software for the Sony PRS505. The Sony-Software is crap and Callibre is good, but to big for my needs.

At the moment my Software can copy books to the device and edit all details a book has (even the "playlist" (i called it rack) a book has). When i edit a books details in the cache.xml everythings works fine and my reader assumes the changes after plugged it off of the pc.

But when i copy a new book to the reader and create a new entry for the book in the cache.xml (and update the maxID-Tag in media.xml) and plugs the reader off of the pc, after reading the xmls, the book appears in the wright rack, but the title and the author are the one from the pdf/epub - meta-informations. not the one i inserted. The cache.xml-file is also changed to this new title and author. Another editing works fine. So i think i have to mark the new entries anywhere so they wont be rebuilded after plugging the reader off.

Can anyone explain the xml-files to me? maybe i missed something...

Im sorry my english, its not my native language
janpardo is offline   Reply With Quote