Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-10-2008, 11:34 AM   #1
Bryan Larsen
Bryan Larsen began at the beginning.

Device: none
Safari Books Online

Hello,

To prevent headaches, I have to take breaks from the computer and the crappy office lighting every few hours. Currently I either read a magazine outside or walk over to the donut shop a block over.

Laptops don't work too well in the daylight, plus e-book readers should be easier on the eyes than a laptop.

So to keep working during my breaks, I figured an e-book reader would be a good option.

I currently have a Safari subscription. I'm not sure if I currently use it enough to be worth the money, but every once in a while its search capability saves my bacon.

Since I already have the subscription, it'd be real nice if I could get an ebook reader that worked with Safari.

It seems to me that the iLiad or DR1000SW would work for Safari. Has anybody installed a browser on the iLiad, tried it with Safari and had a satisfactory experience?

I also read fiction (mostly SF) and pop non-fiction. However, it'd be very difficult to beat the price and convenience of my local library for that, so that usage would be very secondary.

Any other recommendations for me?
Bryan Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:19 PM   #2
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Info on browsing Safari with an iLiad using Minimo:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18608
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2008, 08:36 AM   #3
Bryan Larsen
Bryan Larsen began at the beginning.

Device: none
Response from safari

I emailed support and asked them. Here's there response:

"Concerning your inquiry I would like to inform, this is something that our product development team is working on for the future but at this time, we cannot speculate as to when files will be more compatible with E-reader or other mobile devices."
Bryan Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote