Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-01-2013, 09:13 AM   #1
fanoI
Connoisseur
fanoI began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
No collections support?

I've tried to create a collection using Calibre they're 34 books and I've numbered them as the edition number... in the Calibre interface all is OK a series composed of 34books is shown, but when I send to the device nothing happens the books are in "random" order as expected and no collection folder is shown

Sony has removed this functionality too "revamping" the T1? Or is Calibre that doesn't support T2 collections?
fanoI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:22 AM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Which Sony are you using?

For the T1, you have to make some changes in the metadata plugboards in Calibre. I'll search for the links later, going out now.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:33 AM   #3
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
I have a T2 and use it with calibre. No problem with collections, they work exactly in the same way as with my PRS-505.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:18 PM   #4
fanoI
Connoisseur

I've a PRS-T2 so as it works for you should work for me

How do you create collections in Calibre? I've made all files parts of same series and nothing appears on the reader...

I'm unsure if Calibre know it is a T2, how to check what device is using? I cannot found it, possible it could be set only during installation?
Old 05-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #5
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, you don't have to do anything, Calibre will automatically detect your device. Someone with a T2 please chime in if I have put something incorrect here -

I will describe what I have done to Calibre to create collections -

Preferences - Metadata Plugboards - Add new plugboard -

format - epub
device - PRST1
source template - {author_sort}{series:| - | }{series_index:0>2s}
destination fields - author

save plugboard

add new plugboard -
format - device_db
device - PRST1
source template - {author_sort}{series:| - | }{series_index:0>2s}
destination field - authors

save plugboard
apply, close preferences.

You have to put both of those in to make it work.

Also go to Preferences - Plugins - Device Interface Plugins

Find Sony PRST1 and Newer Devices - click to highlight then select Customize Plugin. Under where it says Comma separated list of metadata fields to turn into collections on device - in the box there put what column(s) you want to create collections from. I use tags, so I just have tags in there.

One more thing - set metadata management to automatic. You do this in Preferences, Sending books to device. The other thing I have in there (not sure if it is there by default) is in that box below Save Template I have this -
{author_sort}/{title} - {authors}
Old 05-01-2013, 01:38 PM   #6
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Booklover6's post confuses me... I don't even know what a calibre plugboard is!

Each time I add a book to my calibre library I go to the edit metadata dialog and enter the apropriate tags and, if applicable, series information. After sending the book to my PRS-T2, all tags and series are automatically converted to collections... the same as with my old PRS-505.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Use the tags and/or the series fields to have collections created for you.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #8
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Find Sony PRST1 and Newer Devices - click to highlight then select Customize Plugin. Under where it says Comma separated list of metadata fields to turn into collections on device - in the box there put what column(s) you want to create collections from. I use tags, so I just have tags in there.
If all you're after is adding the books to collections on the reader, this one step that booklover6 posted is all you need to do.

The rest of the metadata plugboard info is additional if you want to add the series name and series # to each title.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:31 AM   #9
fanoI
Connoisseur

But this should be already configured as default, and so it was if I've seen correctly

It's strange I expected to work w/o modifications...

I'll try to follow the complex procedure suggested by booklover6 and let's see what happens
Old 05-02-2013, 06:18 AM   #10
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer

As Ripp stated, the info about the metadata plugboards is how to put your series info into your listings on the Sony.

This part -[ Also go to Preferences - Plugins - Device Interface Plugins ] - refers to collection management.

I didn't realize that when I posted the info....it's been a long time since I set it all up.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #11
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by fanoI View Post
But this should be already configured as default, and so it was if I've seen correctly

It's strange I expected to work w/o modifications...

I'll try to follow the complex procedure suggested by booklover6 and let's see what happens
In case it helps, here's a link to my very detailed step-by-step. It's a one-time only process so try not to be put off by the length of the post

In addition, the PRST2 didn't exist at time of writing, but I believe if you just follow instructions as for a PRST1 you should be OK. I don't have a PRST2, so was never able to double-check.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote